AR-15 Buffer springs

bedlamite

Flat wire springs will last longer. Some say they are quieter. Others just like the tacticool. I use the cheap standard springs.

kymasabe

I've had good luck with the strike industries flat springs. No loss of reliability and they are quieter. And affordable. No complaints.

veprdude

I also have Strike Industries flat wire spring. Can't speak for durability but so far no jams with them (~100rds).

They definitely get rid of that annoying twang and sound more like a normal rifle. AIM Surplus has them for $20. I can think of stupider stuff to blow $20 on.

Is there anyone out there that really enjoys the SPROOOOOOOOOOINNNNNG?

Bill Daniel

AR-15 buffer springs

Thanks fellows.
I ordered a carbine length flat wire spring from Brownells (Strike Industries).
I appreciate Y’all’s help.
All the best,
Bill

dahermit

Is there anyone out there that really enjoys the SPROOOOOOOOOOINNNNNG?
Having incurred a significant hearing loss from decades of shooting, I wear both earplugs AND muffs when I shoot. I do not hear any "sprong" from my AR15 M4 look-alike when I shoot...even while shooting from the shooting bench inside my shooting yard barn.

BigBL87

Having incurred a significant hearing loss from decades of shooting, I wear both earplugs AND muffs when I shoot. I do not hear any "sprong" from my AR15 M4 look-alike when I shoot...even while shooting from the shooting bench inside my shooting yard barn.

Same here, can't say I've ever noticed it.

bfoosh006

I use Tubbs Flatwires on all my AR's..... 308, 6.5CM , 9x19, 5.56 / 223 and 300BK.

I have had zero issues with them.

Originally, the longer life was the selling point.. but since then I have been very happy with the performance.

They just keep working.

Many many thousands of rounds between them.

I tried tracking my oldest one, the earliest purchase I can find is 2012.

And that one still functions perfect.

bfoosh006

Nathan

This was my main reason,

Quote from Tubbs webpage.

"This is the last Buffer Spring you'll ever need for your AR-15! Tubb Precision springs are duty rated for 500,000 compression cycles at maximum performance."

I didn't want to have to track my recoil springs round count.

And mine from 2012 still is just as positive feeling as my new ones.

Again longevity of life. Frankly, I feel like it was money well spent.

Last edited: