AR-15 boresighter? Any ideas?

Yanus

I am looking for a boresighter to use on a AR-15. I have a Bushnell, but it isn't tall enough to work. I may even consider one of the laser boresighters if I can't find anything else. Any ideas would be appreciated.

trapshooter

What you need is a B-Square #T1031 Universal Offset Spud. Lots of places have them. Brownell's, Midsouth. Can't remember the price, I'm guessing $20-30 range.

yankytrash

A small Mag-Lite's head fits in the rear of the upper perfectly. Not the key-chain size of course, but the next size up.

Not powerful enough for day use. Gotta do it at night. Freak the neighbors out.

Good luck.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
The 2002 Cabela's Catalog, on page 131, shows several muzzle-mount laser bore-sighting rigs. Cheapest is sixty bucks. A bit pricey for just one fella, but fine for two or three guys to go together on.

Art

Yanus

Thanks, guys. I've used boresighters for years and think they are the greatest thing since Budweiser in the can.

Trapshooter, that may just be what the doctor ordered.....

trapshooter

I think so. It should work. Raises the boresighter about 3-4" max. It works with what I have, but my AR is a flattop. The B-Sq would not be high enough to pre-zero something on a carry-handle I don't think, unfortunately. If that's the case, I'd paper it at 25yds, or get a laser. Glad to help either way.

Keith J

What??

Take the upper off the lower. Remove carrier. Secure the upper, looking through the boreand centering the target in the bore. Adjust scope to the target.

You can get much closer with this than most bargin boresighting equipment as their spuds are a poor fit to begin with and are far too short to gain an accurate reference axis. Your eye is the only weak link with my method.

Ridge Runner

boresighters

I boresighted my 458 ar-15 high riser and then it was 15" high at fifty, better just start close and work from there.
RR