AR-10 feeler...

uncyboo

I am considering selling my AR 10 A4 and would like to ask you guys do you think the .243 Win chambering will be an asset, a detriment, or a neutral factor in selling it?

Sevens

Standard thinking has to go against the chambering. Always has in the past UNLESS the chambering makes it a rare and specifically valuable collectible.

Given the fact that AR rifles are highly popular and there's a zillion of them and they are modern functional weapons and not handcrafted pieces of historic craftsmanship, and odd chambering just makes one... well, odd.

If you find someone that is looking for an AR-10 chambered in .243, you'll have the perfect piece to sell to him. But the rest of the market will be looking for an AR-10 in .308.

FrontSight

I think that would actually attract a lot of hunters who want something in between .223 and .308 but that can do both just as well...

Three44s

I would "hanker" a .260 version over either the .243 or the .308 but I own two rifles in .243 and a HK 91 (.308) already.

Three 44s

uncyboo

Standard thinking has to go against the chambering. Always has in the past UNLESS the chambering makes it a rare and specifically valuable collectible.

This is kinda what I was thinking, and although I don't think there were alot of these in .243, it made it more of an oddity than a rarity.

I would "hanker" a .260 version over either the .243 or the .308 but I own two rifles in .243 and a HK 91 (.308) already.

7mm 08 would have been my preferred choice, but it wasn't offered except by the custom shop.

I think that would actually attract a lot of hunters who want something in between .223 and .308 but that can do both just as well...

All I used it for was hunting. Is my favorite antelope gun and took a few white tails and muleys with it.

I would buy it from you, it is a great hunting round. Email me or PM if you want to sell it.

PM sent. However, I didn't start this as a spam thread. Needed opinions. Thanks guys.

Sevens

The rifle sounds like a winner to me, and if it was your favorite anything gun, I'd think you'd regret selling it!

Of course, I know that situations vary. I just see so many posters talking about different guns they used to have and wish they still had... Seems sad to me. :mad:

I tend to accumulate 'em. There has to be several reasons for me to wanna sell one.

uncyboo

The rifle sounds like a winner to me, and if it was your favorite anything gun, I'd think you'd regret selling it!

Of course, I know that situations vary. I just see so many posters talking about different guns they used to have and wish they still had... Seems sad to me.

I tend to accumulate 'em. There has to be several reasons for me to wanna sell one.

Only one BIG one---gotta put a tranny in my wife's car. :(