APX for329?

Mosin44az

Bass Pro Shop has Beretta APX pistols for $329– 200 dollars off.

That’s quite a discount. Understanding that not everyone likes their looks, is anyone aware of any negative information that would make them this cheap? That’s Budget territory for a presumably higher quality pistol.

jr24

Nope, they are very good pistols for a ludicrous price. I have a Centurion (that I of course bought before the price drop, though they did have a $100 rebate).

High quality, accurate, reliable, very nice trigger (that gets better with the competition striker spring available on Berettas website)

Downsides are a honkin' fat slide (for CCW, It's as fat as a Glock 21 slide), not the best holster support and mags are kinda pricey but not too bad.

I still shoot my Glocks better, but the APX is my second favorite polymer striker line.

wild cat mccane

It's not Bass Pro.

Beretta dropped the pricing. It's even on their front web page. :)

You can find the more expensive FDE (cerakot--yuck) finish for cheaper online than what you listed as the price at Bass Pro.

kozak6

I'm not aware of any particular issues.

I think the main problem is that Beretta waited years before releasing the pistol on the American market, which was already completely saturated with similar pistols by that point.

dyl

In all seriousness, I think your assessment is correct. At 300'ish, that's near S&W Sigma, SD or SW or whatever they called their ultra-budget line. And the APX wasn't meant to be bottom of the barrel. If you don't have a polymer pistol yet, there are worse ways to start. I have heard that their triggers may not be what some consider as crisp as a PPQ, but at that price, it's totally reasonable. Watch a youtube (you can try Sootch's video) about their trigger pull and reset if that kind of stuff matters to you. I've been curious about them myself, but I've got more polymer projects than I've had time to shoot lately. For decent quality pistols, it's amazing that someone can get one that could potentially last a lifetime of moderate shooting (or at least several decades depending on how often) if you chose it to be "the one gun". With regular maintenance of course.

Mosin44az

Thanks for the replies.

Kozak may have the answer. Beretta has an amazing history, and their quality is generally very high. My 92s and 8040F were extremely well made, and functioned perfectly. Just a bad fit for my hand, and the APX undoubtedly fits better.

Beretta is just not super swift in bringing new guns out, or in marketing to the civilian consumer. That and the generally soft market for guns may be costing this late-arriving offering its success.

Elliottsdad

I own and really like the APX. Its not the absolute best gun ever made or anything, but it is reliable and pleasant to shoot.
$300 is a steal (understatement), and actually makes me a little bitter about what I paid. :)
Let me put it this way: I already own one, and if I had expendable income, I'd buy another in a different color for that price.

VAGuy

I own Glocks, the M&P 2.0, Springfield XD and XD Mod 2, and others. The APX is a $500 pistol selling for little over $300. I stopped cartying and being interested in my other pistols ever since I purchased it. It's my favorite polymer gun I own. I already spent $500 in accessories for them within the last few months.

Remember the P320 wasn't all that popular at first until the Army and L.E. were looking at it. Even though the APX isn't getting the credit it deserves, it's such a great pistols IMHO that it's just a matter of time before it catches on.

Recently bought the APX Carry and the Compact. Crazy low price for such well built guns. Shoots great. Soon as Christmas is over and the bleeding stops from so much money spent, will definitely get a full size. Have not decided on which one at this point.

VAGuy

Recently bought the APX Carry and the Compact. Crazy low price for such well built guns. Shoots great. Soon as Christmas is over and the bleeding stops from so much money spent, will definitely get a full size. Have not decided on which one at this point.

If you can, buy the full sized L.E. version so you can get the 3 mags. Other than that, I went with the FDE fullsize. My next two buys will be the Target and the Combat Centoriun.

wild cat mccane

300 is good, but be honest, the APX doesn't have the same level of interest as the PPQ, G19, or VP9. I have not heard anyone say the APX trigger is better than the PPQ or VP9 even with the green Beretta competition spring. It isn't.

Valid quality perception or not, Beretta had to drop the price on the APX to moves these at all.

VAGuy

Misread your post. Whether they were selling or not has more to do with the APX being a new pistol in a crowded field, lack of them really pushing or promoting their product, and not having the traditional tacticool look to the slide. Everyone heard of Glock, S&W, Ruger, Sig, etc polymer offerings, but the average gun owner doesn't even know the APX exist.

No, the trigger might not be as light as the Walther and HK, but it's better than Glock's, the M&P, and a few other out the box triggers. Either way, IMHO, the trigger on all of the above but are good enough for any competent shooter to shoot very well especially for it's intended purpose of self defense.

Last edited: