• Life hard labor

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Sensitivity training

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker_two

Execution...and I'm old-fashioned about it...
Guillotine_anim.gif

Snowdog

Was that "rather flogging than execution" or "flogging, then execution" ?

Personally, if you're going in the direction of capitol punishment, get on with it. I've never been an advocate for torture... I firmly believe once they've been cast down from the pearly gates, the guilty get an eternity worth of that.

Best remove torture from the hands of mortals and leave it to the professionals. ;)

SW 586

My initial thought was that he should be tried in whichever state has the death penalty and then executed. But then after looking at the options, I think a life of HARD labor would be more appropriate. But considering that nowadays hard labor in our prison system consists of nothing more than working in the kitchen, I don't think that is the answer. Heck, they're even making rock stars out of them and televising concerts for cryin' out loud!
Bring them to Utah and give them the firing squad.
Oh, and I sure hope they try the 17 yr. old as an adult. It's my guess that he was the trigger man on the non-lethal hits.

M1911

I'm rather ambivalent about the death penalty. Our justice system is so imperfect that I just don't trust it to not make a mistake. Many innocent men have recently been released from death row.

But just as soon as I get myself worked up to being against the death penalty, some goblin like this one comes along. His actions seem like a most eloquent argument for public hangings.

M1911

CMichael

Hey moderators!

Could you please correct a grammatical mistake in the poll options please?

It should be "flogging then execution." Not flogging than execution.

Thank you,
Michael

Miss Demeanors

After seeing the rock band with murderers shown on VH1, I'd really like to see the punnishment fit the crime. I think they should put the victims family in camo, hidden in a wooded area. They would all have a gun that would shoot pellets (and lets not forget that high intensity scope ;) ). Then let Mohammand and Malvo walk through these woods for several hours. They will never know when a family member will 'snipe' them with painful pellets. Let them see how it is like to be hit out of nowhere. I don't want them dead either, I'd rather see pain inflicted upon them and a sense of helplessness. After that send them off to a tiny cell the rest of their lives and make them do hard labor, no TV, cable, music, games etc. Maybe a book now and then but just the basics.

A little inhumane? Maybe, but then again was it humane to shoot people pumping gas or a child going to school?

I hope the families can find some type of closure soon :(

Ironbarr

Not a poll choice...

They should be tagged illegal combatant in terror war and sent to Gitmo to cook in a cage (until our lease runs out - then ...

Now for a theory - the kid did the head shots - the older one the body shots. Why? Younger, more acute Eyeballs.

Kid'll get off the hottest spot unless he can be pinned to shoots. Any prints on the Bushmaster reported?

'Course, since FBI (feds) didn't "take over" - the shift to military judgement/control probably won't happen.

In state courts (and they probably should have venue so the people can have retribution/"justice"). But the lawyers will be in this for the infamous glory and $$$$$$, which will pour in to "save the ""unwitting"" child..." blahh, blah, blah.

And Jamaica will probably get into it too.

<sigh>

-Andy

chaim

Maybe these guys will get the death penalty in VA. I don't think DC has one and in MD, well we may as well not.

Right now there is a moratorium on the death penalty in MD. Someone can still get the sentence but it already took forever for someone to actually be executed, and now there will be a further backlog.

Also, from what I've heard this crime doesn't qualify for the death penalty :eek: . While 10 people were killed they were killed one at a time. To be eligable for the death penalty in MD you have to be a MASS murderer not a SERIAL murderer. Thus two or more people must have been killed in one of your killings.

One incident where someone murders two- eligable.
A dozen or so incidents where one person at a time is killed- not henious enough :rolleyes:

I'm rather ambivalent about the death penalty. Our justice system is so imperfect that I just don't trust it to not make a mistake. Many innocent men have recently been released from death row.
M1911, My thoughts exactly.
But just as soon as I get myself worked up to being against the death penalty, some goblin like this one comes along. His actions seem like a most eloquent argument for public hangings.
That too.

Litlman

How long do you think that this one is going to be dragged out?
Even if they get cnvicted they won't be fragged until their done appealing the crap out of the decision. The media is slivating over the future coverage of this horror story. Is Lance Itto available? Wait and see it will be a big JOKE!!! People will be burring candles at a midnight vigil for these guys before this is done...

Litlman.........................

joeoim

No one ever said the death penalty would be perfect. But it works. Get both of them off of the tax rolls ASAP.

pax

How long do you think that this one is going to be dragged out?
That's what I'm wondering, too.

I give it another hour before a moderator reads this thread and calls a halt.

Think twice, post once...

pax

You have to care about the 'fair trial' part; you have to care about the 'due process of law' part, and you have to care about these things more than you care about putting child molestors away. -- Graydon Saunders

Status
Not open for further replies.