AOW semi-auto 12-gage?

FSCJedi

Do these exist? If you can order a pump shotgun from the manufacturer w/o a stock or with only a pistol grip, couldn't it be done for a semi-auto? Does anyone make/sell these?

VUPDblue

SAIGA.jpg

img010small-1.jpg

Either of these would hurt... I know I have seen an 1100 somewhere. I'll keep looking

VUPDblue

That may very well be, but it could be construed that the magazine was "intended to be gripped with a second hand" which would put it into the AOW category. I just found those pics and they illustrate what an auto AOW may look like. I know there are 1100 AOW's out there, I've seen one in person, I just can't find the pic.

CleverNickname

The whole "gripped with a second hand" thing only matters if the gun would otherwise be a pistol. But the Saigas and 1100s all had shoulder stocks (unless someone somehow got one of the aforementioned virgin receivers) so they would be shotguns and the number of grips doesn't make a difference.

shaggy

Anyone know how the receiver of a Siaga matches up against a standard AK receiver? If they're the same, an AOW could be built off a virgin AK receiver with Siaga parts stripped from a complete weapon. A lot of added expense to be sure, but it would then get to an auto AOW for those who couldn't get a SBS.

TireFryer

I think Serbu offers a 12 gauge, not sure if it falls under AOW or SBR...
There are also some Remington 870 12Ga AOWs out there...

FSCJedi

See, it's somethin' like that that I'm lookin' for. Man, I wish I'd have caught that auction. Well, at least I know that they are still around and it is possible.

Yellowstone

Wow, the AOW 11-87 actually has a vented rib and front sight. The AOW 870 I've seen have no bead (or rib).

For those who know, doesn't an AOW need to be manufactured at a factory in the AOW configuration in order to be considered an AOW?