AO big dot tritiums for G30/Put together myself or gunsmith?

Patrick Bateman

Anyone put the AO big dot on their pistol? Wondering if I should do this myself or not since I'm away from where my tools are for a little while. Or should I just give it to a gunsmith? I'm concerned with getting them to hit point of aim the AO sights way and me messing with it myself may be hard since all there is is an indoor range around here that's crowded. Adjust, shoot, adjust shoot, adjust..... Thanks for any help.

Shawn Dodson

Ashley provides all the instructions and equipment (punch, Lok-Tite, front sight wrench, etc.) you'll need except for a hammer to tap out the rear sight. This is all supplied with the sights. It's really a very easy do-it-yourself task.

I replaced the factory sights on my G19 with Ashley Express Big Dot Tritium Pro-Express sights. I experienced no problems whatsoever.

Good luck.

stmcelroy

When you replace the sights, mark where your factory sights are at. Then install the new ones to those positions and you should be fine.

I replaced sights on a Glock 23 once and it was very easy. Plastic sights come off a lot easier than tight fitting metal ones.

Good luck,
Steve