anyway to make a different bolt?

jakec2789

I have a marlin xs7 in .308. and i dont like how light the bolt is. comparing to like a rem. 700 the bolt just feels light, and unstable. is there anyway to get a heavier bolt for it?

Tomas204

Why would you wanna change it out ,you can ,but I don`t get it the stability of a Bolt is from the Luggs would not matter if you had a light weight or a heavyer belt :confused::confused::confused::confused:

CraigC

Why don't you call the engineers at Marlin and explain to them how dumb they are and that you know how to design a better rifle??? :rolleyes:

Noonan

I know the feeling. My first centerfire rifle was an Interarms Mark X, a commercial mauser action. I still hunt with it and can't get used to a bolt that doesn't feel as solid as the mauser. The Savage has the same "lightweight" feeling to me.

jakec2789

Craigc, did i ever say that i know how to design a better rifle? NO. so please be respectful of a serious question.
Noonan, glad someone feels the same same way about a light bolt. Nothing is wrong with it, it just doesnt feel right. Compared to like a rem 700 or a sako it almost feels like it is plastic. and i would invest in a higher priced rifle but i have a child on the way and do not have the leeway to spend $700 on a hunting rifle.

tINY

It'll cost you more than $700 to get custom bolt work done - kinda a waste on that rifle...

You could sell the Marlin and get a Howa 1500. It's inexpensive, but feels really solid closing the bolt.

-tINY