anything "wrong" with the $200 Armscor M200 4" 38sp

Shadow9mm

Can't link on my phone
YouTube channel down on the range
Title rock island armory revolvers - things to look for.

Had not heard of this gun. If I can still get one for $200 I may very well do it

CajunBass

I bought one a couple of years ago. It was OK. About the only "trouble" I had with it was with the cheap plastic grips. First they were a little loose, but a cardboard shim cut from a business card fixed that (It was what I could find without getting out of my chair). Then there was a bit of flashing on the finger grooves. A couple seconds of scratching with the small blade on my Swiss Army Knife took care of that. It shot well. About like I would have expected any 4" 38 to shoot. They finish is ugly, the trigger wasn't too bad really, and the sights were about as good as you'd expect on a fixed sight revolver, but then I wasn't expecting a Colt Python for that price.

TruthTellers

It's the Hi Point of revolvers. Sure, it's steel, but it's a heavy, clunky revolver, but it has a trigger as good as a $600 revolver. If you're just looking for a cheap entry into a common caliber, it's a fine option.

CommandoX

It's a simple, basic .38spcl. Blade front sight, cut out in the back.

I honestly don't think you can get a better deal in a .38 for $200.

I own one and think it's great. It does what it's supposed to do and it does it well.

Dfariswheel

Unless they changed it, the action is a virtual copy of the Colt Trooper Mark III action downsized to a small frame.
That's a transfer bar-ignition action.

dahermit said:
Colt style lock work? S&W style lock work? Propriety lock work? Picture of the innards?
Late style Colt lockwork. Photos here:
https://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?140-Armscor-M200-Series-Revolver-Review

I own an M200 and an M206. Both have been 100 percent reliable, and the triggers on both are FAR superior out of the box to any Taurus revolver I've shot, including some that have been tweaked.

I think these Armscor revolvers are among the best "sleeper" buys in the entire gun market.

Somewhere I have a photo of one with the grips off, showing the hammer spring. Dunno if I can find it -- I haven't looked for it for years.

Amazing -- found it first try:

attachment.php

Colt Detective Special on top, Armscor below

Attachments

• Armscor_M200 010.jpg
    Armscor_M200 010.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 837

JohnKSa

Administrator
Pretty much what I've seen from other sources. Kind of an interesting stance on the topic.

They won't say it's rated for +P, but they do say that it's safe to shoot +P in the gun. In other words, you can load it up with +P for self-defense, and shoot a few rounds at the range to make sure it performs well and to get a feel for the recoil, but other than that, don't shoot +P in it.

It's not a safety issue, they just don't believe the gun will provide a satisfactory service life if you use very much +P in it.

wild cat mccane

Really?! ha. Thank you. I had zero idea. Appreciate all the answers!

Are there replacement grips? or grips for another revolver I should look around for with the same fit?

jetinteriorguy

How is their service warranty/customer support?
I purchased an RIA 1911 in the 9mm/.22TCM combo a few years ago from a private party and was having extraction problems with the .22TCM option. I contacted them and they issued me a shipping label via email. I sent the gun in, received it back again in less than two weeks. They replaced the barrel and recoil spring and tuned it. It’s run perfect ever since, and it didn’t matter that I bought it used and didn’t cost me a red cent. IME that’s about as good a warranty service as you’d ever see. But, who knows now with all the Covid issues companies are having.

tangara

I have two RIA M200's and one M206 the M206 came with small wooden grips and the larger plastic grips. Played switch a roo with the grips and really liked the M200 with the small wooden grips. looked around and Numrich's have them in stock for fairly cheap. They may be listed under Armscorp who has made these revolvers for like fifty years or something like that.

Onward Allusion

Had both the 200 & 206. Both are no frills with rough Parkerized finishes. They went bang with the pull of the trigger but I got rid of the 200 because I don't like partial lugs. It's either full lugs or pencil barrels for me.