Anything New in the mouse gun sector?

simonrichter

I've been a little off grid firearms-wise lately since my new employer has blocked firearms related content (as if it was -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- or drugs... ) and I don't habe any other web access - apart from the phone...

Anyway, ranting aside, - is there anything new regarding the really tiny ones recently? I'm especially interested in poly pistols below 5" overall length...

RickB

I've had a Walther PPS M2 for a couple of weeks, and will have my first chance to shoot it, tomorrow.
It's about the same size and feel as the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield; thin, light 9mm pistol with +capacity magazines that extend the grip.

15349773_1391074947569455_3659393413621009521_n_zpszyziamzg.jpg

Bart Noir

I'm assuming that "mousegun" means a pocket .380 to you like it does to me. I've had the original KelTec P3AT, then the S&W 380 Bodyguard (no laser), then the Ruger LCP Custom, then the LCP II.

The last one (the new LCP II), is what I carry if I am not at work, where firearms are not permitted. So that is my endorsement for this new Ruger.

What you can find over in Austria probably starts with a G and ends with a K :p But they are good little guns.

Bart Noir

simonrichter

Thanks for the insights so far. Yet, I'm especially interested in the class oft pistols below the LCP regarding overall length. (Which offen comes with the classic "mouse gun" calibers of .22, .25, .32 and .380. But e.g. the Boberg is already pretty close to the <5" threshold while boasting with 9mm and .45...)

PSP

The new Upgraded Beretta Pico is a very competent gun. It's small and very thin. Has all the features one wants in a pocket gun. It even has interchangeable frames that allow you to have an integrated light, laser or not.

Seecamp has brought back the original .25acp caliber along with the .32 and .380.

Last edited:

P71pilot

Kimber K6 revolver comes to mind, and there is a new manufacturer out called i believe honor firearms, i think they make a pocket pistol. The glock 42 (.380) is an excellent pocket gun, as is the 43 (9x19mm)

Sgt127

A few years ago, I bought a Rohrbaugh 9mm. It was an absolute work of art. Size, weight, it had everything going for it. Except, it would not run one magazine without a jam. Went back to the factory. I spent $150 on every recommended ammo. Nothing. It wouldn't run ball.

Today, I picked up a Remington RM380. Haven't shot it yet but, I'm very impressed. Machining is damn good. Trigger, eh...decent. Making a Rohrbaugh in .380 was a good idea.

I really like a DAO pocket gun. If this thing runs as I hear they do, it's really a winner. And, Remington needs all the help they can get right now.

smee78

One of my favorite mouse guns is my little NAA 32acp. It rides in my pocket for work. Sometimes I will swap it out for my Colt Pony 380 but most of the time the 32 is with me. I have thought about a new Ruger LCP II but haven't shot one yet to see if I like it.

franco45

PHP:
Today, I picked up a Remington RM380. Haven't shot it yet but, I'm very impressed. Machining is damn good. Trigger, eh...decent. Making a Rohrbaugh in .380 was a good idea.

I have had my RM380 for almost a year. It has been a great little pocket gun. It's a little heavier and a little thicker than most of the other little 380s, but not much. It feels much better than any of the others I've owned (LCP, TCP, DB380 and P3at). It shoots and feels like a bigger gun.

TruthTellers

To answer the OP's question, about the only new mousegun that has come out in the last year is Ruger's LCP II. Has a better trigger than the LCP and decent fixed sights and, oh yeah, it has this blasphemous ability to lock the slide when the mag is empty.

I'm not rushing out to get one, I think Ruger will come out with an updated model in the next year or two with an extra feature and different colors. I know I'd really like an LCP II with a white polymer frame and a satin stainless slide.

Model12Win

I want a mauve LCP II with a metallic teal slide and neon orange night sights. :rolleyes:

Really though, I plan to get one (black) for summer carry. Dope new pocket rocket.

simonrichter

Cool stuff, but actually quite large by real mouse gun standards... Wonder if they'll ever come out with something in the 4,5" range...

IMTHDUKE

Actually, its not that bad.....in a life death situation...you wont feel it. It's not a range gun....fire it for reliability and holster it.