Anyone Work with Sig Customer Service Lately?

Jay24bal

I had to order a replacement part from Sig this afternoon after my range trip was cut short.

I experienced the first ever malfunction in my p250 when the trigger bar spring sheared off and busted leaving the gun inoperable.

To my dismay, they were unable to give me an estimated time frame when I would receive the replacement spring (even after charging me for the part as well as shipping) and even after I told them that it serves as my EDC and that I was willing to pay for expedited shipping in order to get it ASAP. They said the warehouse is still overloaded from the frenzy of the last 10 months and they are unable to give ETAs on anything.

While I am not enamored with Sig's customer service at the moment that is beside the point. I was hoping to find out how long anyone else had to wait to receive an order in recent times?

Thanks in advance.

lcpiper

My Kimber UC2 sat in my LGS for seven months waiting on a replacement part.

I sold it as soon as I got it back, I won't go through that again if I can help it.

BarryLee

In the past I’ve had good luck with SIG Customer service even to the point of receiving a free magazine to make up for a backorder. I know a lot of manufacturers and suppliers have been swamped recently, so I’ve tried to be patient with folks.

However, modern logistic systems are pretty sophisticated, so I’m a little confused that they can’t give you an estimated date. Yes, I know they may be waiting on a supplier, but surely they get some kind of estimated delivery date when they order parts/materials. I know from experience manufactures may have the information, but don’t give it to customers just in case they miss the date for some reason.

I know none of this really helps any, but for what it’s worth - Good Luck.

UncleEd

Isn't the Sig 250 one of the company's cheapo guns; company probably hasn't got a priority of parts or service personnel to take care of it.

Sig has a marque for higher priced autos and its image is based on those. It just didn't want Ruger or some other company creeping into its market so the 250 was born.

If I recall Sig had or got a contract with the French police so probably its efforts for 250 parts, maintenance are aimed at that market first, second and perhaps third.

Jay24bal

Thanks for the feedback

Barry - That is what I find most puzzling, that their inventory system can't show them how many they have in stock. In my mind, it is as easy as going to pick 2 out of the bin and shipping them, I guess it is more complicated than that...

Ed - While I agree that the 250 may not have the pedigree of their other platforms, I would certainly not call it a "cheapo" gun. It's the same price level (and features IMO) of a M&P or Gen 3 Glock (at least around here). At the end of the day, it's still a Sig and I would hope their customer service is up to the same level whether I ordered a part for my 250 or my 226.

O well, I guess I will just have to wait it out and carry something else in the meantime. It's a shame really as I love that gun for the intended purpose (14 rounds of 40 S&W, in a compact DAO with no safety is a great carry option IMO).

RamItOne

They expedited my pistol, 3-4 day from shipping off to getting back. Sounds good right? Too bad I had to send it back a half dozen times or so.

Paul K

I've delt with Sig once, and it was enough to make me sell all of them and never do business with them again.

Yung.gunr

Well shoot... I just ordered springs for my P238 a couple days ago.... does that mean I am in for a months long wait now?

WyMark

A few months ago when I was taking my Mosquito apart to clean I managed to launch the tiny mag release spring into vacuum-bait territory. I called Sig the next day and the guy I talked to said he "wasn't in the spare parts business, I can't stock every little spring for every gun we sell."

So I spent a day looking at Top Gun Supply and Brownells and everywhere else to no avail. I called Sig back to try begging, and this time the guy who answered immediately said "hold on, I think I got some". I could hear him rummaging in a parts bin for a bit, then "yeah, I got one. What's your address?" and I had my spring two days later, free.

Yung.gunr

In follow up...

My spring kit just arrived today. No wonder my Wife's P238 was shooting poorly, the recoil spring was the original round type and it was SHOT. I am talking way more compressed...

Now just to find out how to change the hammer spring.

Jay24bal

Should be here tomorrow

Well, I received an email from Sig tonight saying my order had shipped. According to the tracking number, it should be on the front porch when I get home from work tomorrow.

Assuming there are two springs in the box and they are the right springs, I will be good to go. All said and done, even though the gentleman I worked with on the phone was not the most helpful, 12 days from order to receiving them is not too bad given the current demand.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback.

I called SIG recently because one of my magazines wouldn't lock the slide back. She asked for my serial number (SIG P226 e2) and I took out my credit card ready to give her some digits, and she said "okay, we're shipping it out to you and it should be there within a week." I closed my wallet and thanked her tremendously. Sure enough I got my free magazine in the mail in 4-5 days.