Anyone who owns a Crossbreed supertuck...

Darsh

Can anyone who owns a Crossbreed supertuck tell me what they mean by "front of the holster", when referring to applying oil or leather conditioner? Do they mean the side with the kydex or the side that's against your body?

As a side note, after a couple weeks with it I can say it's the best holster I have, and I heartily reccomend it!

Darsh

Thanks. Will it hurt it if I put it on the other side too? Sorry I don't know much about this sort of thing, haha. :D

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I have one but I could never figure out what they meant by "cream based conditioner" so I never put anything on it. It's horsehide in my case so it shouldn't matter anyway.

I agree that it is a fantastic holster. I avoided the proverbial box full of holsters under the bed by buying this one first!

rduckwor

Thanks. Will it hurt it if I put it on the other side too? Sorry I don't know much about this sort of thing, haha.

If you put it on the rough-out side, it will soak up a great deal of conditioner and make application a pain. You also might get too much on there and risk it staining you clothes. It likely will not hurt it unless you saturate the leather with it.

Lexol is a good conditioner - Tractor Supply or any tack shop will have it.