Anyone using ghost rings on an T/C Omega?

doofus47

I have replaced the rear with a Williams Peep sight. The front sight is the stock Tru-Glo bead that came with the rifle. It works okay, but the front is a little low and I have to push the Williams all the way to the front of the ramp to be on target.

So, I'm requesting unvarnished advice:
Do you think it would be cheaper to take the front sight to a gun smith and have him drop in a taller front sight?
Do you think I should just drop the hybrid setup and get a set of straight ghost rings?

Any rec's for a ring setup?

FrontierGander

truglo front globe sight. Works perfect on my Optima and Accura.
000_0467.jpg

accura29569w002.jpg

doofus47

Thanks for the photo. That helps. Does True glo recommend that you put your rear ring closer to the front globe because the rear ring is so large?

FrontierGander

mine is set up using the factory open sight hole mounts. I think if you put it to close, it would make things worse. Mine is perfect though, you kind of treat it like a scope and line up the big holes until the edges are clear. You dont want any blurry spots on the sides or else its misaligned.
truglo011.jpg

doofus47

let me make sure I'm following your last sentence. Let me put what I'm thinking in parentheses:
"you kind of treat it like a scope and line up the big holes until the (inside) edges (of the rings) are clear. You dont want any blurry spots on the sides (of the inside rings) or else its misaligned.

Am I following you correctly? I feel like I owe you money for tech support now...
:)