Anyone Using Crossbreed Mini tuck for Smaller Pistol?

Hillbilly66

Hi there,

New to the forum, and your post is a good starting point for me...

I carry a Sig P238 in a Minituck, depending on weather and dress. Basically the same firearm, so is the perfect example. Construction is simple and rugged, and with a good belt, very secure. Once you have it where you want it (3:00 for me), it will not shift around. Retention and comfort are excellent and the holster and little Sig disappears under any T-Shirt, for me at least.

I have three CB holsters, and they are all well crafted and perform as advertised. Well worth the money, IMO.

"A People that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both" Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Shoot more, talk less...

murphjup

Hey Hillbilly, Thank you for your reply. I have two other CB holsters, but didn't know much about the Minituck...

I'm getting a Colt Mustang Pocketlite and wanted to know how it would work in the Minituck, the P238 is almost and identical pistol...

Welcome to the forum post away, alot of knowledgeable folks around here.

:)

Hillbilly66

Thanks guys I ordered one up today.

Update, please...did you get your holster? CB's been quick on turnaround for me on four purchases, was just wondering. If so, how do you like it?

"A People that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both" Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Shoot more, talk less...

Fishbed77

Does anyone have a Theis holster and are in a position to compare them to the Crossbreeds?

They seem to offer the same set of features, but at a lower price.

murphjup

Hillbilly above commented that he had the minituck and liked it.... It's only a few dollars cheaper than the larger Crossbreed. I would think it's cheaper, just due to the fact it's smaller.

I have other Crossbreeds and they work fine, I don't expect this one to be any different...

Hillbilly66

Fish, they look pretty darn close...I can't tell much difference. Both are no-frills, basic designs, and not 'purdy' but who cares? They aren't for show!

I wasn't aware of Tommy Theis until after I'd already bought CB's holsters and belt. Sorta ashamed, since he's an Arkie like me...

I may have to buy one of his to make myself feel better.

Shoot more, talk less...

ScottRiqui

I'm curious to try the MiniTuck for my Walther PPK, but Crossbreed's website doesn't list the PPK under the MiniTuck - it's listed under the SuperTuck. But the PPK is smaller than a lot of the pistols listed under the MiniTuck, so I'm a bit confused.

Cheapshooter

I just ordered a Theis holster http://theisholsters.com/ for my Kahr CM9 a couple days ago. It was around twenty bucks cheaper than a Mini Tuck when you figure in the extra shipping charges for a CB. More importantly the delivery time is 2-3 weeks rather than 4-6 for the Crossbreed. Hand made, and form fitted to your specific model of gun. All reviews I've read indicate that it is an excellent product.

Cheapshooter

I just ordered a Theis holster http://theisholsters.com/ for my Kahr CM9 a couple days ago. It was around twenty bucks cheaper than a Mini Tuck when you figure in the extra shipping charges for a CB. More importantly the delivery time is 2-3 weeks rather than 4-6 for the Crossbreed. Hand made, and form fitted to your specific model of gun. All reviews I've read indicate that it is an excellent product.

I ordered the Theis holster on Sunday evening, August 19. It just arrived in the mail minutes ago. That's 8 days!!! I would say excellent service. The quality appears to be excellent. It is comfortable right from the get go, and probably will be more so as it breaks in. My CM9 is easily drawn, and what's more important, unlike my all leather IWB from JMG that I carry my XD40 Sub in, it is easy to re-holster the weapon. It doesn't tend to "crush" as an all leather IWB holster tends to do with my belt tightened enough to hold up both my gun, and my britches!:D
I'll post an entire thread on this holster after some break-in, and use experience. My first impressions though. Very much worth the money, and a savings over other brands. If everything turns out as I expect I'll be ordering one for my Springer next.

Dragline45

I'm curious to try the MiniTuck for my Walther PPK, but Crossbreed's website doesn't list the PPK under the MiniTuck - it's listed under the SuperTuck. But the PPK is smaller than a lot of the pistols listed under the MiniTuck, so I'm a bit confused.

I even emailed them about this and they would not put the PPK shell on the MiniTuck for me. A simple swap they refused to do cost them a sale.