Anyone using Berry's bullets in 45acp

rblack

I've used a lot of West Coast 45 plated bullets with good satisfaction, Tried some Ranier 45 plated and was not nearly as satisfied. I've heard good things about Berry's bullets. Anyone use these with good results and could you campare them to West Coast if possible. Thanks

Clint Tickler

I like Berry's bullets a lot. In 45 acp I've used the 200 grain swc and 230 grain round nose. Both fed perfectly and were very accurate out of my Kimber Gold Match. Never used West Coast bullets but hear good things about them.

Northwest Cajun

Funny you should ask, I just recieved another box of 250 today! My series 80 stainless loves 200gr round shoulder. It's now been fed a little over 2K worth with only one or two misfeeds( that were due to bad brass)
I used to use rainier but tried to buy them direct ( just down the road in Tacoma) but their minimum order is over something like10,000.

Berry's has great customer service. one time a box broke in shippment and they sent me a new one no questions asked, Just give Nancy a call. AND they threw in a few samples of their new 350gr 45-70 bullets for free.
Cajun

larryw

I've run just over 10,000 of the Berry 230TMJ bullets through my USPs and 1911s. I hate them... ;)

BTW, I need to order some more. Soon!

hawk

I really like Berry's 185 gr HBRN bullets in my Glock 30. Very accurate and they feed very well.

coonan357

arrgh a little too late again .. well I can say I have had good results with them going on 2k of the 230 grain the only problems I had where due to bad brass ( amerc) they where loosing up the crimp

larryw

Waterdog, as I'm getting ready to restock, what makes you say West Coast bullets are better?

thanks,
LW

tonyz

Check out the West Coast Bullets.

West Coast Bullets

They are cheaper, have a thicker plating, super consistant weight, and size. Berry's are good, but IMO West Coast Bullets are the best plated bullet.

Tony

Waterdog

larryw, when I have weighed and measured the different projos (9mm). West Coast is more consistant The Berrys I have used, were as much as .001 difference in dia., and -/+ 5 grains.

I still shoot Berry's, when I can't get West Coast right now.

The results are based on my own equipment, others may have different results.

Waterdog