Anyone used ProMag SKS magazines?

Technosavant

I've not used them, but after what I've read, I would never spend my money on anything that says "ProMag" on it.

Tapco's magazines have a good rep- buy those instead. Just make sure your rifle conforms to 922r's parts count when you go the detachable magazine route on a SKS.

IM_Lugger

I have ProMag mags for Beretta 92 and CZ 75 and so far haven't had any problems. they don't look as nice but I can live with that.

My experiences with ProMag are 0 for 5.

Every one has been a piece of trash. I'm glad that I didn't pay for any of them.

KLRANGL

The only failures I've seen with an AK are because of promags (failing to feed, and double feeding).
Never heard anything good about their polymer mags, but I haven't heard much of anything about their steel mags.

And if I recall correctly, promag actually manufactures Tapco's mags. What that means, I couldn't tell you, but I have a bunch of Tapco's AK mags and they work fine for range use.

martin08

Promag has recently re-designed their SKS mag within the past couple of months. They look pretty much the same as the Tapco.

I have not heard any feedback on them yet. The old Promags had terrible problems with followers and feed angles. The Tapcos are the way to go until further info is in.