Anyone use these?

Striker

Sir William,

One of the guys I work with has them on a Glock 19. At first glance, they looked awful high and big on the gun, but turned out to be an optical illusion. The colors are BRIGHT and the contrast is good.

It took me 15 or 20 rounds to get the hang of it, but sight/target aquisiton seem quicker. Wasn't on a timer so that is a subjective statement. Accuracy was good for me out to 15 yds on IDPA targets, but I wouldn't shoot bulleye with them.

The best comparison I can make is that they are an improved guttersnipe type sight. I wouldn't replace my Trijicons on my carry guns, but am considering a set on an IDPA gun.

Webleymkv

I believe that the Steyer M-Series pistols come standard with sights similar to those. They look like they could be useful but would probably take some getting used to.

Sir William

I e-mailed the company for information and prices. They list some for S&W revolvers! A 325 would look great with a set.

InSoMNiaX23

Those are intriguing. I wonder if they will make a night sight version. I have a USP compact that I have been looking to put some night sights on and if those were visible in the dark I would be very tempted.

bdcc11

I have a set on my Glock 34. At close range it's like having a red dot. Your brain automatically fixes a triangle shape so all you do is put the front sight on the target and go. I have really bad astigmatism so standard sights take a lot of work for me to keep lined up.

I can get just as good a group with these sights as I can with standard 3 post type. At 25 yards I can still group as well with this sight system as with any other I have tried. So far they are a little faster for me all around but I don't think they would be good at night until they get the night sights finished.

The winner of the A class at last years International Revolver Compatition was using a prototype set on his revolver.

According to the web sight they are working on a night sight.

stangfan93

yes the steyrs come factory with them and they are awesome to use! i liked them. made me want to get a steyr. i have yet to do it since they are kind of hard to find. but now that these are out i can just get them for another gun i want! maybe a glock

Goliath

the sights do indeed look quite intriguing and I agree that the green front red rear combo probably one of the better, kinda makes you feel like the predator hunting Arnold. Only issue is night sights but all in all, seems like an interesting idea, I wouldn't mind giving it a try eventually.

Dtron

Looks similar to Stery, but not the same. See below.

sights.JPG

Steyr sights

welcome.gif

Advantage Tactical sights

Pretty much the same principle though. Complete the triangle.