Anyone use any of the small hunting cameras?

Deerhunter

No one out there has any of these? They had a round one like this at Bass Pro and Dick's. I am guessing the upgraded it and changed the shape. Figure someone has to be buying them.

Any thoughts on them at all?

Deerhunter

Do I win a prize? This is the first time I have ever seen a post that at least one other person didn't have a comment.

Wondering if it is just that no one uses those camera. I would think someone does or they wouldn't keep selling them.

Thanks for any input

mitchell koster

Weeeeeeeeelllllllllll.

A friend mine is using them only during sambar season.

I figure if your going to hunt you may as well put 100% effort in and then actually go out and find where they're going yourself ect.

MK

trooper3385

We use them quite a bit at our ranch. The one your looking at will work fine. I wouldn't spend a fortune on them. The cheaper, lower pixel ones work just fine. They might not be as quick or as good a quality of a pic, but it's not like your looking for pics to frame. The pics will be plenty clear to be able to atleast see what size deer you have coming in. If you keep the date and time correct, they give you a good idea of what time the deer are moving, or like down here in south Texas, what time the illegals come by to steal your deer corn. Just keep steady supply of batteries around or invest in rehargeables. They go through batteries like crazy. You will be changing them out about once a week or two.

davlandrum

The one you linked to was more for recording the shot, right? When I am down to shoot time, I can't have anything else to think about. If I was in a stand, then maybe.

Deerhunter

Yeah the ones I am talking about are for putting on your hat or bow to record the shot. Not a big deal to turn it on when I see the deer. The places we hunt we usually have good eyes on a good amount of time before they get close to us.

@MK
We don't use trail cams. We know what is out in our areas we hunt. We go out and spot early in the year (now) and get a good idea what is around for the season that starts in October. We also scout around to see where they are moving. They pretty much keep the sam patterns until we start to put pressure on them.

davlandrum

I think it would be a hoot, but I am usually still-hunting and that is why I can't handle anything non-critical at the moment of truth.