Anyone use a ThermaCELL?

Doyle

Yes they work. No they don't spook deer. I won't go into the woods without one. Get the holster. They work best when they are sitting horizontally and also they need air underneath them in order for the smoke to rise right. With the holster's straps, you can hang it flat underneath your seat.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Awesome good results! Mainly works when you are sitting still but that is when the skeeters are worst so get one... I have no reason to believe they would spook game.
Brent

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Not bad... it will run for many hours on one chem and a couple times on a fuel cell. I don't have one myself, I have hunted with a buddy that will not hit the woods without it and he ain't wealthy...
My hog doggin' has me always moving and usually fording creeks so it wouldn't do so much for me:eek:
Brent

My shooting pal had one out when we were on the range the other night. It did help. It wasn't as good at clearing out the skeeters as when he touched off his Ruger Old Army loaded up with some 777 FFF.

rantingredneck

I won't bow hunt without one these days. I've killed quite a few deer the last couple of years with it purring along right beside me so I would say that No they don't spook game.