Anyone try the S&W 646 yet?

e'ville

Yes, it's a Smith and Wesson. The revolver shoots .40 S&W with moon clips.

------------------
Mark
NRA member

Gunslinger

ThomasH bought one back in June, I believe it was. You can do a search and read about it.
I hope if you are considering one it is used.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Malpaso

Got one right before the "problems". It is deadly accurate and has a tremendous trigger pull. I've competed in bowling pin shoots with it, and held my own against the semi-autos (just need practice reloading the moon clips). It is finicky with ammo however. It likes the steel cased Federals the best.

Cat

Three of us from work got these in the spring. I shoot mine regularly in IDPA matches, one guy uses his in pin shoots, and the other doesn't shoot much, but sort of collects revolvers. I'm relatively pleased with mine. It is a great shooter. I just wish it had been a production piece with a stainless cylinder.
The moon clips are nice for reloading, but all of the clips I've tried are of the split design and bend kinda easy. They are easier to re-tension if you are careful.
Neil Casper

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited September 02, 2000).]

k in AR

Have one also that is "Pre-S&W-problem".
It is a great shooter and groups very nice, also mine has a very nice DA trigger. The Moonclips are fast, but extras are expensive since this is a rare item. (i.e. L-frame & 40 cal)

Cosmetically, I have seen better, which doesn't speak well of a gun its price range. Tried to get a issue or 2 resolved but S&W never would respond to mail or E-mail.. Of course they could be a little preoccupied with their own undoing. Their "phone" customer service people do answer the phone, but know nothing about this PC gun. Needless to say I will not "just send it in" with them in their present state. Guess if I lived there I could drive over, but I don't. So my advice would be to check it out Very Carefully before you lay any money down.

Badger Arms

Nice to see people supporting the ban. Make sure you only buy "pre-Sellout" S&W guns.

------------------
God made us in his own image.
Thomas Jefferson made us free.
John Browning made us equal.

Without Browning, we might not know about the other two...