Anyone Tried the ATI MS380?

blchandl2

Has anyone tried, or even held an ATI MS380? It is a clone of the Beretta 84 which I would love to own but cannot afford.:(

I have been able to compare their Beretta 92 clone to the Beretta and the Taurus. The 92 clone appears to be a well built gun and th emagazines were interchangeable between all three guns.

I have not been able to find any reviews, etc on the MS380. Any info would be helpful.

PSP

I've only fondled one at a gun show. The price was very attractive at only $350 IIRC. The gun appeared to be well made, not quite as refined, but very much acceptable. The trigger wasn't as good as the Beretta, but not bad enough to scare me away. If I didn't already own a 84, as well as a bunch of other .380s, I'd have bought the gun.

It appeared to be identical to a bruniton 84fs.

Sevens

I have been able to compare their Beretta 92 clone to the Beretta and the Taurus. The 92 clone appears to be a well built gun and th emagazines were interchangeable between all three guns.
Are you saying that the AT92 pistol's magazines fit both the Taurus and the Beretta?

Because while the mag bodies are the same and the geometry is the same, the magazine catch is not. While it's theoretically possible to cut a magazine with a cut that might work for both pistols, I haven't seen any that are shipped or marketed in this manner.

If you take a mag straight from a Beretta and stick it in a Taurus, it's not going to work and the reverse is true also.

The new clone from ATI, I do not know.

blchandl2

All I can say is I went to the local gun shop who had all three guns. We took the magazines and were able to put them in any of the guns. They locked into position and released with the mag release. We did not try to cycle any rounds in the guns with them.

I have read of others going so far as swapping slides between the guns, but the shop owner was not willing to go that far.

blchandl2

I went ahead and bought a MS380 and I am glad I did. I took it to the range today and it shot great. The range was really busy and everyone likes to check out what others are shooting. Everyone thought it was a Beretta.

I bought two Beretta 84 magazines and they work well. Of my five 380s, I enjoy shooting this one to most.

keller65

Ms 380 jamming

i hope this can help any thinking of buying one of these from ATI.
i purchased one new, started jamming after the first couple of rounds.
ATI customer service is the worst. Gun is now a paperweight on my desk.
I wouldn't sell this to anyone.

keller65

MS380 Feedback

Spend your money wisely, The NEW 380 I purchased from a Jaxonville, Fl gun show, jammed after only 2 or 3 rounds. Customer Service is worthless.
I now use this as a paperweight. I would never to trust ATI MS380 as a carry weapon.

bdb benzino

In my experience from owning an ATI HP9, their service is outstanding. I got my pistol back in 8 days, they called when they fixed it but before they shipped, i got an extra mag as well as a free hat and t shirt. I don't know why u were treated bad but IMHO they were awesome!