Anyone Shooting with MagTech .45 ACP?

VVG

I have been shooting Winchester and Federal 230 gr FMJ .45 in my SIG P220. But I recently tried MagTech, a Brazilian company formerly owned by Remington. It seemed to group better and shoot a little cleaner than the Winchester - and it's $9.95 a box of 50. Anyone else using it? I'm more concerned with accuracy per dollar than anything else. Reloading isn't an option for me right now.

TIA

Redneck2

We sell a lot at the store...

seems to work fine. Really haven't tried for serious accuracy testing. Goes bang, makes holes in the paper (well, usually makes holes depending on operator error)

Bacchus

I use it all the time, not just in 45 ACP but also for some of the smaller calibers. I highly recommend it. The only thing that I have noticed is that it has increased in price twice within 5 months--but that might be a function of my shop raising prices rather than anything to do with the supply.

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. In .45ACP, I have no complaints with their 230 gr ball. I does not group as well as some other loads in my BHPs, except for the Comp, but it's not "inaccurate," just not quite as tight as some other loads for me.

Best.

Ewok_Guy

Magtech is great. I've used their .45 and 7.62x39.
Both are accurate, clean and reliable in my experiences.

VVG

Hello. In .45ACP, I have no complaints with their 230 gr ball. I does not group as well as some other loads in my BHPs, except for the Comp, but it's not "inaccurate," just not quite as tight as some other loads for me.

Steven, what shoots better in .45?

I've been using Winchester VP 9mm in my CZ, works as well as anything else I've tried.