Anyone shoot Titegroup in a .40?

kgpcr

I am down to one pound of Power Pistol for my .40. I shoot 180grn hard cast bullets in my M&P40. I do however have about 4 or 5 one pound cans of Titegroup that I bought long before the shortage hit. Do any of you use TG for the .40? Thoughts?

I've used it. Burns really clean and does the job in the accuracy department. A couple of concerns, though:

1. There's really not a wide range in charge loads. In other words, if you have a powder measure that doesn't meter it very accurately, your results could be all over the place.

2. It doesn't fill cases very well. You have to be very careful to inspect for double charged cases. Since you're an experienced reloader, I'm sure you already know the nature of the consequences.

Idaho Spud

My favorite 180 gr. cast bullet load in 40 S&W uses Unique, but I have worked up a load with Titegroup and a 183 gr. out of a Lee 401-175-TC. Also have worked up a load with Bullseye and same Lee bullet. TG (and BE) will work, just use extra caution re double-charges. Both do meter well in my LnL measure. YMMV.

edit: oh, and start LOW and work up. Not much room for error.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkGlazer

Stay patient. I believe you will see your brand soon. I have noted some of the pistol powders come up this past week but they go very quickly. I would suggest that you temporarily alternate powders to stretch.

Also, I see that Midway is the only company taking back orders at reasonable prices, i.e. not too far off from Powder Valley (what I find to be the least expensive of the on-line retailers). You might consider getting in line versus having to monitor Gunbot.

PS - I have used Titegroup with 9mm (wifes' gun) and find it acceptable. I recently shifted to Silhouette and find it to be a bit more subtle and accurate. She shot the you-know-what out of center mass last weekend and said how much better she has felt with the change of powder.

I use Titegroup with a Makarov and find it to be a bit overbearing. That being said, it works and that is all that matters.

Best of luck to you.

std7mag

I personally haven't used Titeshot, however that is what an acquaintance of mine at the LGS uses in his 40.
He seems to like it.
I just got some Long Shot for my neighbor, and I'm using Blue Dot.
150,165 gr. hollow points.

Working up loads for both powders, bullets, and different pistols now.
Gonna be a long day at the range!! :D

kerreckt

I use Titegroup with .40 S&W. One of my favorites for this caliber. Use extra caution when loading because of small charge weight. Easy to double charge if not being especially diligent.

kerreckt

I use Titegroup with .40 S&W. One of my favorites for this caliber. Use extra caution when loading because of small charge weight. Easy to double charge if not being especially diligent.

BigJimP

Yes, I've shot a lot of TiteGroup in .40 S&W ....and in a lot of calibers...

But you have to be careful with it ....min and max are not far apart !