Anyone shoot a Ruger 6.5 Creedmoor

PunchinPaper

I picked up a Ruger M77 Target in 6.5 CM, I intend on using this rifle for long-range target shooting (1000yd). I have shot it at 100 & 200 yds with factory 120 & 140gr Amaxs and its a very accurate rifle. Mine seems to like the 120gr A-maxs better. I will be taking it out further in a month or so. Im new to Ruger centerfire rifles, but I like this one so far!! My only dislike so far is the rings set up is more expensive then my remmy or savages and to use a MOA Base I have to get the rifle drilled/tapped.
Do any of you shoot one of these? Whats your impression? Are you using factory rings or other make? Which factory load does yours shoot best with?

tobnpr

No specific comments on the 6.5 CM, other than it's certainly capable to 1000.

Most guys shooting it long range are using the 140's, as the higher BC is (.465 vs. .585) preferred for obvious reasons at 1000 yards.

If you're going to shoot long range, you really need to start handloading...as there's no shortcut to tweaking ammo specific to your rifle.

I would handload, concentrate on working up loads that will make the 140's shoot...

FiveInADime

I am very interested in getting an M77 Hawkeye in 6.5 CM. I have never been a huge Ruger rifle fan, but that one makes my sticker peck up. I think the 6.5 CM would be fun to play with on the reloading bench, as well as filling my want (definitely not NEED) for
an antelope rifle if i ever get drawn. I am anxious to hear real-world reports on the M77 Hawkeye in 6.5 CM.

Sent From My Galaxy S 4g Using Tapatalk

DennisB

Hawkeye

I have one of the early ones; it's got a 26" barrel and is a great shooter. Seems like they now catalog only a 24" barrel, not sure why. The new trigger is pretty nice, too.

I handload 140s, over Hunter. They group well and really penetrate a lot of hog. :eek:

FiveInADime

I have one of the early ones; it's got a 26" barrel and is a great shooter. Seems like they now catalog only a 24" barrel, not sure why. The new trigger is pretty nice, too.

I handload 140s, over Hunter. They group well and really penetrate a lot of hog. :eek:

That's disappointing to hear. I didn't realize they weren't all still 26" BBLs. The reviews even said that the 26" handled shorter than some other guns with that length of barrel. I hope it's still an option.

What kind of groups are you shooting?

Sent From My Galaxy S 4g Using Tapatalk