anyone seen this new FN pistol yet?

Norrick

It looks like they've released the equivalent to the FNP-9 with the updated ergos found in the FNP-45 (see overall grip, magazine release, decocker lever, full length accessory rail). It is called the FNX-9. I'm really liking it.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF059&gid=FNG001&mid=FNM0169

For reference:

FNP-9
FNM0047mb.png

FNX-9
FNM0169mb.png

according to the specs they've managed to make it a few ounces lighter as well (21.6 oz)

Last edited:

Skans

I'd like it much better if it had a forged stainless steel frame and at least 19+ round capacity.:D

RT

Looks interesting. The thing that I like about FN as a company is that they seem to listen to the consumers and try to create products that people want.

TangoMcBlasty

Too bad FN pistols aren't more popular. The only range that has rentals around here only carries Glocks and HKs and no one at my gun club shoots one, otherwise I would have tried to put some rounds downrange with it.

I've handled one at the gun shop and was very impressed by the ergos. I'm a Sig (classic) guy but if I was looking for a polymer-framed DA/SA, I'd have to consider this gun.

The fact that they are made in America is also pretty cool!

4INCHSMITH

I like it! Only downside is the polymer frame but what the heck, it manages to look good with the polymer. It even comes with three mags.

kokopelli

I had an FNP-45 for a while- they really are awesome guns. The ergos on them make recoil very light, even with the .45, made in the USA, comes with 3 mags, and has all the bells and whistles standard.
The only reason I sold it was to fund another purchase. i would recommend FNP pistols to anyone.
Especially over a Block!!

tekarra

The grip looks a bit too straight for me, but I sure would like to hold one. The idea of three magazines is long overdue, and full marks to FN for supplying three.

You know what it is with FNH, they were just trying to get some traction on their auto pistol line when the barak boom hit and they of course sold out of guns like everyone else. I think you'll see a new campaign to try to get the word out about them. FNH guns are incredibly well made and reliable. They make about 80% of the US Military firearms.

Norrick

The grip looks a bit too straight for me, but I sure would like to hold one. The idea of three magazines is long overdue, and full marks to FN for supplying three.

it has interchangeable backstraps. The FNP-9 is shown with the curved backstrap which can be swapped out for the flat.
FNM0047mb.png

I'd wager that this guns flat backstrap can be swapped out with a curved one like above that isn't shown on the product page.
FNM0169mb.png

Last edited:

DRSmith

I'd wager that this guns flat backstrap can be swapped out with a curved one like above that isn't shown on the product page.
You're right. The overview on the FN page whose URL you posted says, "Four interchangeable backstrap inserts quickly adapt the FNX to your hand size."

3leggeddog

FNX-9

I'd sure like to see a compact version of this with a 3 .in barrel / 9 to 10 rds. For sure I'd get one.
Hint ,along the lines of the new SR9C Ruger.

EnoughGUN

(*^()*&*() IT! this all I needed! I love my FNP45 and the only thing that has kept me from getting an FNP9 or 357sig is I don't like the frame and controls as much as the .45. I have said to me self several times "If only they made the other calibers with the .45 frame I would buy one" I curse FN for making me go buy another FNP!

Skans

The comments here are interesting. I think gun manufacturers are doing themselves a disservice by making every new gun out of as much polymer as possible. Too many gun manufacturers have jumped onto the poly-band-wagon. There are way too many plastic-fantastic pistols out there.

brahma

Grip/ overall dimensions

Is it just me or does the grip look considerably shorter? Anyone seen any dimensions on this thing, I note FN doesn't list any on their website at this time.

AcridSaint

I'd have to get one in my hands - I'm really pleased with the FNP-9, but didn't find the 45 comfortable so I never looked at the controls. I don't find anything lacking from the FNP-9 though. It was the first plastic gun that "spoke" to me.

EnoughGUN

Not sure I get the poly bandwagon comment or why that is a disservice. That thinking assumes poly guns are inferior which we know is not true. They are building poly guns because that is what the market wants. Company's went with poly guns because they did everything an all steel gun did as reliably with less weight and cost. It would be nice if they made an all steel version too just to give buyers a choice but considering the manufacturing cost and the difference in cost between steel and poly model I think it just comes down to not being cost effective for them.

Last edited: