Anyone seen the Armscorp RF 9......Total Glock clone..

Sterling

Hilarious.... Something about Glocks patent has expired. If you thought Glocks were ugly.......oh man. Google;;;;;;;; RIA RF9 for images.

deerslayer303

Search turned up nothing. And nothing about it on Armscor's site either. Something tells me this thread is going down as a drive by.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

random guy

Mother was a Marksman BB pistol. The father...well we have our suspicions don't we?

Mostly just kind of forgettable looking in a field of weird polymer pistols but it may feel great in the hand and shoot like a dream.

The polymer CZs (maybe it's just the P-07) look weird to me, especially those Lego controls but I've never held one and owners love them to death. :confused: They can't be all bad.

Last edited:

deerslayer303

Thanks Sterling, I found it. You you're right that thing is purty! I think a Glock is a beauty queen compared to it. The blog I read said it made sense that this pistol would come about since RIA has been making 22 TCM Glock slides for a while. This I can agree on. As far as being a Glock Clone, heck isn't most striker fired guns?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lee n. field

"Meh"

Their niche is high value for dollar 1911s. Glocks (and their many competitors in the plastic striker fired autoloader category) are already not all that expensive. Yeah, maybe Armscor can hit a sweet spot, or maybe their intended market is elsewhere in the world.

Sterling

Consider the almost new Ruger American Pistols. PSA has them for 249$. If thats any indicator of the plastic striker fired pistol market. Competitive indeed wich is why I dont see a niche for this RIA pistol. Perhaps conceived under the Hillary may win era ?

carguychris

Sterling said:
Consider the almost new Ruger American Pistols. PSA has them for 249$. If thats any indicator of the plastic striker fired pistol market. Competitive indeed wich is why I dont see a niche for this RIA pistol.
I dunno; Canik is another gunmaker located in a lower-wage country outside of the USA and Western Europe, and they seem plenty successful selling their TP9 through Century Int'l for $300-$400. Notably, the TP9 is also a cosmetic knockoff not-quite-clone of a pistol from a major European gunmaker, in this case the Walther P99/PPQ.

I agree that the market for tactical plastic is becoming saturated, but perhaps there's still room in the lower end of the market for another player. However, RIA will have their work cut out for them, and their success may depend on how thin the major American and European makers are willing to cut their margins to keep the production lines running (e.g. those PSA Rugers, or the rebates S&W is running on the Shield and that Walther is running on the PPS and PPQ).

Last edited: