Anyone See This???

rahtreelimbs

What do you think???

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/icon.php

5506.jpg

Ruger4570

I haven't seen one in person yet and will try too soon. Overall it looks good. I don't like the looks of the bolt handle and it also looks a little short to me. If they truly have the MOA acuracy they claim, I doubt that they will miss the market and good sales.

KDM

I like the looks of it. Solid top receiver, jewelled bolt, butterknife handle. The wood sure is nice.

I read recently that Thompson/Center was bought by S&W at the beginning of December '06.

On a side note, there's a fairly big article on the Icon in the current (February) issue of Guns & Ammo.

Cheese

I like everything except the skeletonized bolt shroud. The prototypes looked better. Now if it were in stainless!

joshua

Stainless sounds good, but the 30TC round/ammo won't become much. There will also be a tactical model sporting the TC action and as for now the action being made is only the short length. The only talks for a long or magnum action is if it sells and accepted by the American market. I'm all for supporting TC Arms or SWTC :D. They have built solid performing single shots, and I think their first bolt action repeater will be a quality product. josh

Gewehr98

Time will tell.

But that 3-round magazine definitely leaves it lacking compared to a Remington 700 and other current bolt action repeaters. :(

joshua

They did address the capacity issue and stated the production magazine will have adequate capacity for the tactical model. The hunting models should be ok with 3 rounds. Now if they decide to chamber it for the fat short action rounds they may just have to go with a single stack and that will certainly limit the hunting model to 3 rounds including the one in the spout, unless the magazine sticks out of the stock. If they are forecasting an $800 MSRP in which usually leads to lesser street price (I hope). josh

FirstFreedom

Oh lawdie help us - yet another new cartridge. Sigh... what's this one supposed to do?

Rifle looks nice though - 3 recoil lugs is solid. I'd buy one to try it at the right price.