Anyone see South Park tonight (26Apr00)?

Destructo6

Pretty funny. They had Janet Reno in an Easter Bunny costume and assault rifle, "rescueing" a group of Romanian children who were supposed to be "reunited" with their father.

Apparently these guys aren't too keen on that "rescue" either. They must have really cranked that one out.

chink

I don't think they jsut cranked it out. The date was one day off, and more importantly, they had a preview for it last week.

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?
http://yellowman.virtualave.net/

TRAP933

I saw it and it was a RIOT! Recently, they have been hitting the political nail on the head including their movie. Rent it if you have not seen it yet. Glad to see that I'm not the only one here that gets a charge out of it.

Dennis Olson

They did a show on Waco too. I'd like to have both episodes on tape. The one from last night will re-air on Saturday night.

Libertarian

The preview was for another show on Setuplets not Romainian quints. They threw together this show at the last minute to make a statement (and a damned good one at that).

One piece of evidence as to the post facto creation were the scenes of them seizing the kids. In both cases, the kids were dragged from a closet while in someone's arms by a cop holding the rifle exactly like the INS officer did in Miami.

chink

Libertarian,

really? I assumes it was the quints, because I remember something about multiple kids that looked the same.

wrong again i am

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?
http://yellowman.virtualave.net/

Libertarian

I had to go back to my tape of last weeks show to watch the preview tomake sure. The preview was for a different show. The only thing in common was multiple identical little girls.

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
Libertarian's right. The girls in the preview were Americans with weird Stepford-children voices and the plot was how creepy large batches of identical children are. There were lines in the preview that didn't appear in the actual show. A BRILLIANT bit of satire.
I think they did a good job of skewering the Americans who have basically tried to bribe Elian into staying with Disneyworld, too.

Miss Demeanors

I had it taped so I watched it yesterday after reading this thread. I didn't see the previews last week but there is no way they predicted it that close. THey had to have made some changes at the last minute. The quintouplets were shown playing ball in the front yard just like Elian, and Stan's Dad was trying to hide in the closet that looked EXACTLY like the one in the pic. Oh and Janet Reno LMAO!!!!! I literally choked on my sandwich when she/he first spoke! THat was great. I like how the kids dad had a gun pointed at him saying how much he missed the kids he hasn't seen in 5 years LOL! They could have not made a better episode.....well the Waco and BATF one is right next to this one. South Park rocks! :D

------------------
Sandys' Homepage
RKBA forums
We are as one as we all are the same fighting for one cause -Metallica