Anyone reccomend some sights for a Colt 1911?

Handgun Harry

I have a Colt Commander 1911.. I really need some NICE Adjustable sights for it.. I am talking top quality sights..

Ok.. maybe not like $1000 Top Quality.. heh.. but reasonable high quality sights..

Never bought sights for a gun before, so not really sure what I need to look for.. anyone have any suggestions.

BTW, Blazer ammo sucks!

Was down at the local range the other day and you have to use their ammo.. Jammed my gun twice, and and I saw TWO other's with jammed Glocks! D'oh.. 8( Last time I shoot that aluminum crap! bah.. guess I won't be going to that range anymore.. pity.

headroom

Bo-Mar, get the slide machined for the low mount. Shouldn't be much more than 200 bucks for the sights and the machine work.

blades67

If you want a good adjustable rear sight, get a Bomar. If you don't want to spend money just get a set of high quality fixed sights.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Might not hurt to get somebody to polish the feed ramp and the roof of the chamber. Helps with feeding...

Get one or two mags for use at that range--assuming it is a more convenient location than others--and use needlenose pliers to carefully tweak the magazine lips so it all works.

If the ammo jams because the nose of the bullet is not rising enough, open the lips a tiny bit. Or, if the nose of the bullet jams on the hood of the barrel, close the lips a tad. It's strictly a cut-and-try deal, but it works.

FWIW, Art

WESHOOT2

I am embarressed to tell how many sights I've tried, but my next 1911 slide will wear MMC adjustables (and the front will be either an Ashley medium-dot or Millett orange-ramp blade).

G. Kennedy

Just something to note: One thing about the MMC adjustable sight is that it fits the Novak sight cut. If you later thought you didn't need the adjustable sight you could slap a Novak fixed on it.....