Anyone own a M&P12?

jimacp

Yes, I have owned one for about a year. I have enjoyed its versatility and shell capacity, especially with mini shells, and it has been 100% reliable. It is nice to be able to load, for example, one tube with mini shells and the other with slugs, and switch at will. I also have a Holosun on top and it is fast for target engagement. I am conflicted on the ergomomics. As a bull pup, it is extremely short for a shotgun with an 18 inch barrel, however the two tubes make it a little “fat”, for lack of a better term, and somewhat heavy. It balances well, but still feels a little awkward to me. Also, I have found take down and reassembly to be a little awkward as well, but maybe that is just me. The procedure is different than most shotguns and not intuitive to me at all. Even after I learned the procedure, I still find it a little awkward to actually do it. But all in all, it works as advertised, and if you want a high capacity, extremely short sjotgun, well, this certainly fits the bill.

veprdude

I read that loading is nearly impossible on the fly. How true is this? Not that I imagine myself with a pocket full of shells running through the woods trying to reload with zombies close behind.

jimacp

I admit that I haven’t practiced loading “on the fly” with the M&P 12, but I imagine it is harder than most conventional shotguns. Of course, with enough practice I’m sure it would be much easier than it would be with no practice. On the other hand, a primary benefit of the M&P 12 over conventional shotguns is the increased capacity which makes the necessity of loading on the fly less likely.

Last edited: