Anyone own a Kel Tec pmr 30

gwpercle

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608201&highlight=pmr30
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596857&highlight=pmr30
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589247&highlight=pmr30

If you look at the top right-hand part of the page on the forum there is a "Search This Forum" button to enter text to search for. The above are just 3 topics related to PMR30.
ballardw ,
Do you type in what you are seaching for like "Holsters for 1911" in the little space provided and then move over and hit the "GO" button ?
How many letters are best to use ... the least words the better ? Holster 1911 ?
I'm not looking for a holster just trying to learn how to do a search ...
I'm 73 and computer illiterate ... and got no teacher or help !

ballardw

It looks like most of the search uses "keywords" so it will attempt to find posts or threads with all of the words by default, if I understand correctly.

I used "PMR30" for the search to get the results shown. You may need to try variations on spelling like PMR-30 as well.

Number of letters is likely to be less important than "common" spelling. With keyword type searches just use the important part. "For" "of" "and" "the" and such won't typically help much if at all.

There is an "advanced" option that allows you to set some additional limits such as dates.

gwpercle

ballardw , Thanks for advice ... all help is greatly appreciated .
I'm learning ... anything advanced will have to come after I get the basic's down !
Thanks Again ,
Gary

44caliberkid

ballardw , Thanks for advice ... all help is greatly appreciated .
I'm learning ... anything advanced will have to come after I get the basic's down !
Thanks Again ,
Gary
Also Gary, all the words don’t need to fit in the box. Whatever you type will be there, just out of sight. Do you do YouTube? There are a bunch of PMR 30 reviews on there. Nice you learn it you will be on it constantly. Virtually, how to do anything, is on there. I use it to watch gun disassembly and reassembly. And reviews of new guns. Great resource and entertainment.
To Linker, only person I know who bought one sold it because it malfunctioned too much. Some YouTube reviewers found it would work with one brand of ammo and not others.

tex45acp

I've been very lucky with my first edition gun. I have not found any ammunition that will not shoot in the gun. I have roughly 2100 rounds through the gun.

PSP

I've had one and it's carbine sibling for a few years. They are both great fun. As reliable as a rimfire can be. Pay attention to loading the mags and they feed well. I down load to 25 rounds usually. I' d buy them again, especially the carbine.

Pahoo

Good performer

If so, how does it perform?
I'm glad that you asked "this" question..... :)
Shot my buddy's and it performed very well. I feel that gun owners measure the looks and performance. The priority is not always the same. I go back and forth and personally found these to be short on looks but good on performance. I don't think I'll buy one but, glad my buddy let me shoot his. ..... :rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!

Linker

There is no "search this forum" button. At least not on mine. There is "search" and "search this thread" but when I call them up they don't let me put anything in.

ballardw

There is no "search this forum" button. At least not on mine. There is "search" and "search this thread" but when I call them up they don't let me put anything in.

What browser are you using?
I've seen some pretty different behavior, and getting worse, about browser specific behavior/misbehavior. May need to post a question in the Site Questions and Tech Support area.

Also for the "Search this forum" label to appear you have to be on a main topic page such as the Handguns: The Semi-automatic. Once you are inside a topic such as yours then the search is restricted to that thread. The Search with the dropdown arrow should get to advanced and other searches.

If from the main page you go to the FAQ link there is a "General Forum Usage" page that links to "Forums, Threads and Posts" that has a very small section on searches: https://thefiringline.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_search

Eddiejoe

I have one and it is very reliable, except that one magazine always has feeding problems. I have 4 others so it's not a big deal.

ChimpMunk20

Only ammo mine doesn't swallow well is Winchester Wildcat. Manual says 40 gr bullets or heavier but I've had no problems with the 30 gr polymer tips from Hornady or CCI.
Most 22 mag ammo was designed around rifles and will produce a lot of flash and bang out of a handgun. Suggest Speer Gold Dots, Hornady Critical Defense or equivalent for business purposes.

MarkCO

I few months ago, I picked up a used PMR30 at the local gunshop. Price was great, and I had 3 folks who, due to age and or injury really had trouble with M&P EZ and even slicked up revolvers. I had been looking for something that was better than 22LR but easier than 9mm or .38SPL. There has been a proliferation of .22WMRs and when the Punch came out, and recalling this thread, I did some research.

Anyway, I got a 500 count brick of .22WMR on sale, and a few boxes of Remington. Still have not been able to buy Punch, but I did get 20 rounds from a friend and a box of the Gold Dots.

At the range, from 25 yards, I was able to shoot 5" 10 shot groups. At 7 yards, I was able to keep 20 rounds in the -0 zone of an IDPA target with an average split of 0.22 seconds.

One of the three, I have taken to the range and he was very pleased with the PMR30, and bought one the next day. His is loaded with Gold Dots, but he is looking for Punch. He is a 79 year old Viet Nam vet with some pretty bad nerve damage and limited dexterity. As compared to the .380 EZ, his operation of the PMR30 was significantly better. Grouping was half the size, and faster. He was able to load the magazines and operate the pistol much easier as well.

TruthTellers

I had a passive interest in the PMR30 for years, but concluded that a 30 rd .22 Mag didn't offer me something I needed, but with the release of the S&W I consider that to be a superior design and worth the extra money.

If I wanted a .22 Mag semi, I would get the S&W and this is coming from someone who doesn't own any S&W's and generally doesn't care for the brand.

MarkCO

I had a passive interest in the PMR30 for years, but concluded that a 30 rd .22 Mag didn't offer me something I needed, but with the release of the S&W I consider that to be a superior design and worth the extra money.

If I wanted a .22 Mag semi, I would get the S&W and this is coming from someone who doesn't own any S&W's and generally doesn't care for the brand.
That is what I thought until I shot, and handled the S&W, then bought the PMR30.

MarkCO

Care to go into detail why you went with the Kel Tec instead?

Better trigger, lighter, easier to rack the slide. Cost was a factor, but even for the same dollars, I preferred the PMR30.

Not saying the S&W is bad at all. Just for what I wanted it for, the KT was a better choice. And that is primarily for training, and possible SD use by older folks or those with injuries that prevent them from shooting and operating a 9mm.

darkgael

I picked up a PMR30 some years ago. I like the gun. It has been reliable, easy to carry and fun to shoot. It is not particularly accurate at 50 yards which is where I like to shoot.
I bought the gun because the price was right and because I wanted to balance it with an FN FiveSeven. The FN is bigger, heavier and more accurate. The KelTec is easier to carry and wildly cheaper to shoot.