Anyone own a FireStorm .22 pistol?

dajowi

I really like the looks of this pistol and would like to know if anyone shoots one and what they think of the quality?

PSP

I've got this one. I bought because it looked like a fun plinker for not much money. It has proven to be not as reliable as I'd hoped, but with Mini Mags it seens OK. I would wish to be able to use cheaper ammo though. It is an OK gun, just don't expect it to be more than a $250 plinker. It isn't a Buckmark or Beretta.
cat004.jpg

TheNatureBoy

I had one. I traded it for something or another; I can't remember now. Think it was part of a trade for a remingington 700 BDl .270. I liked it. Nice gun.

Laserlips

FWIW:

I bought this Firestorm FS22 new a couple of years ago.. I think I paid about $225 otd for it.

It has been exceptionally accurate and reliable. One time I just kept shooting it without cleaning it just to see how long it would go before it was crudded up it couldn't function, and it took over a thousand rounds before the gunk wouldn't allow the slide to go into battery..:barf:

A good cleaning and it was back to business as usual..:D

100_5295.jpg

There are two downsides to any Bersa/Firestorm imo..

1. Extra mags are pricey, and often hard to find.
2. The finish on the blued models (for me the FS22 and a Bersa Thunder 9/UC) are simply not up to what you would expect with any of the other major firearms manufacturers.. The finish is not crap, but not great.. If you keep it clean and well maintained it is more than sufficient considering the low prices of the pistols.

But other than for a spotty finish and costly extra mags I consider the Bersa/Firestorm line of pistols as excellent bargains. My BT9/UC was as accurate as any of the Glocks/Sigs/Walthers I've owned.

I use my FS22 as my "plinker" when I'm in the woods.. My FS22 functions great on the cheap WalMart Remington value packs..

Lot's of pistol for what you have to pay for them.

Best Wishes,

Jesse