Anyone making a mag for the Taurus 24/7 .45

Z400ACDC

Well my 24/7 that I bought at the first of the year has had several jams. I have heard that the problem is in the mag. Rumor has it that if you send it back to Taurus, they send it back with the same problem. So, do you know of any aftermarket mags? THANKS!!!!

cheddar

Do you know what is hanging up? I havent heard of any new mags yet(havent looked). Have you taken the mag apart? Push the tab in on the bottom and slide the whole bottom forward. Clean it and make sure its not damaged. Sorry I dont have the info you wanted but disassembly might help or reveal any problems not apperant(sp?) from the outside??
Hope this helps.

Z400ACDC

Thanks! I took it back to the gun shop I bought it from and they are going to take the mags apart and see what they can do. He pulled a new one out of the case and the new mag had a stiffer spring. He said that if he can't get those mags to work, he will call Taurus and have them send new ones. He also said that no aftermarket mags are available. I hope it can be made dependable! I really like this pistol. But, if I can't trust it, I don't want it.

ceetee

From what I've read around teh intarweb, the first batch (or so) of .45 magazines were made with the front cut too high. This makes the bullet nosedive because it hits the front of the magazine body instead of riding up and over and onto the feed ramp. You can tell this is an issue with your mags by looking to see how high the follower is in comparison to the body. Fixes include filing down the front of the magazine body to make it lower (compared to the follower) or sending the mags back to Taurus for replacement. If your gunshop is working on it, I'd say let them handle it.

cheddar

My .40 sits loaded(both mags), every night. I onload them when heading to the range. I havent noticed the springs getting weak at all. After about 1,600 rounds, I havent had a single misfeed, misfire, or failure to eject. I dont know if it may just be a .45 issue??