Anyone know the gr of "mil-spec" tracers for 30-06 or .308?

Vitamin G

I bought some "mil-spec tracers" according to the reloading guy at the gunshow. They are 30-06\308, but i don't know how heavy the bullet is. Does anyone know? My scale is a lee and only goes up to 100gr.

They were only $3\20, so its no big deal if there's no specific answer. I'm not going to blow myself up trying to get my money's worth out of $3

Shoney

I have shot two distinctly different types of the tracers. Both were .308 and about 146-148 gr, The tracer cores (Phosphorus compound ??? ) were very different. One was designed to light up at about 100 yards for a short distance only, while the other didn’t ignite until beyond 200 yards and burned to about 450-600 yards. Very hard to see in daylight or twilight. Accuracy to about 100 yrds was around 2-4 inches, and beyond that went all over (probably because of variable weight from burning off weight).

At first, I loaded them with IMR 4064 and only got a few to light up, found that an upper medium load of IMR 3031 with mag primer would ignite them.