anyone know the difference?

LOUD

I am looking for a set of dies in my flavor( Hornady ) for the 6mm Remington , But all that I can find new are 6mm Remington BR ( bench rest I assume ) .Will it work?, also anyone know if other brands of die will thread into my die bushings. Any help will be appreciated...............LOUD

mehavey

Two totally different cartridges.

One short & fat:
6brcgpx302.png

The other sleek and svelt:
6mmREM.png

I'd consider getting a bushing conversion set and expanding your options
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/858110/hornady-lock-n-load-press-and-die-conversion-bushing-kit

ballardw

Or maybe an old set of .244 Remington. Same size just different label as the original barrel twist on the .244 didn't like longer bullets, hence the re-branded 6mm.

BigD_in_FL

The 6mm BR might be short and fat, but it is the more accurate of the two.....;), but no you cannot, as mentioned, use it for the 6mm Remington

Rangefinder

The 6mm BR might be short and fat, but it is the more accurate of the two....., but no you cannot, as mentioned, use it for the 6mm Remington

:p Can your BR tap gongs on the 1000 yard range consistently? Because my 6mm Remi does it like a swiss clock... :D :D :D

To the OP---I have to even suggest it, but keep a look on Fleabay. The amount of dies listed there right now is 10X the amount even a couple months ago. OR, just go with a set from RCBS, or another. My RCBS 6mm Rem dies are going on 20 years old and I couldn't even guess how many rounds through them. Still brand-new by performance standards.