anyone know how to switch seating rams on dillon dies?

shiroikuma

I tried to do this in 9mm, from flat point to round nose but after removing the inner screwed in plug I can't get the lower seating ram off. It appears to have a lock ring on it? How do you get the darn thing off?

shiro

Nukem

I don't know what your 9mm Dillon dies look like. But on mine all you do is pull the retaining clip at the top, the punch assembly comes out the bottom of the die, there is a black pin that you push out, this releases the punch, turn it over and reinstall in reverse order.

Master Blaster

On my dillon dies you remove the lock clip on the top of the die assembly that holds the inner carbide die to the outer threaded body. The carbide insert drops into your hand from the toolhead. look at the side of the carbide insert there is a black pin which is larger on one side than the other tilt the large side to your hand and the pin will comeout. This will allow you to remove the seater from inside the insert. Reverse the seater and reinstall the pin. place the crbide insert into the threaded body and resecure with the lock ring. you will then have to readjust the seating depth because of the difference in the bullet size and shape.

I hope this helps.

shiroikuma

Thanks for the advice. I called Dillon and got it figured out. i had an older type of die and it had not clip but had a spring locking ring instead. I just had to REALLY twist the sucker to get it off. Thanks again.

shiro