Anyone know anything about this pistol?

DanPop

http://www.americantactical.us/3606/detail.html

I love the looks and would like to have a 2nd .22lr,it can be had for under 350 which makes me a little skeptical on quality. Pretty new to USA importers so I can't find any reviews. Lifetime warranty so that's a plus, maybe, a warranty is only as good as the ink used to write it. German Gun Sports is the company that made the Sig Sauer Mosquito, so that scares me a little too.

redlightrich

Unfortunately, I too am afraid of the zinc alloy. For 50 to 100 dollars more, you can buy a top quality 22 made of great materials.

I say pass

Sorry to rain on your parade, but we are trying to save you some greif.

Good luck

Rich

745SW

I've had zinc air guns and still have a Raven 25ACP pistol. In the short term if the zinc does not give any issues other aspects of the arm usually will. The use of zinc does not bod well for overall quality.

Sharkbite

I would agree with much of the above.

At that price point, save a little longer, add $100 and get a MUCH better quality pistol.

Model12Win

I'm sorry, but I think that looks so stupid. Such a short barrel for a government size grip frame, doesn't look proportional at all.

And the zinc? Sorry. The only place zinc belongs in is vitamins.

Get out. While you still have your sanity.

PSP

My GSG 1911-22 has been a great pistol. Very accurate, good sights and OK trigger. Proven reliable with the ammo I've used. I assume the small version works as well.

gyvel

Zamak (zinc alloy) is wonderful for window cranks, fan motor cases and alternators, but NOT firearms.

ms6852

I'm kind of old school and still have all my 8 track tapes. Since than there have been cassettes, cd's now it is all I tunes. For me the same think applies with different guns.

Wait and see for someone else to try it out for you, and if it does not explode in their face or hands after several years buy one. In the mean time stick with the tried and true great guns like the Rugers or the Browning Buckmarks. Heck for that price buy a conversion kit and install it on your 1911, from what I hear the conversions are verrrrrry accurate.

b.thomas

I don't know if Zink is good or bad in a handgun ..............but Henry .22 lever action rifle frame are made of Zink allow.:eek:
I have the h001 and it works great!
Henry has a excellent reputation with it rifles so just maybe the .22 pistol might be all right??

* not that I'm giving up my S&W 617 anytime soon!:D

gyvel

I don't know if Zink is good or bad in a handgun ..............but Henry .22 lever action rifle frame are made of Zink allow.

Zinc alloy will work ok for a while, especially on the Henry because there is more of it. The Henry is basically a resurrection of an older Erma design that was marketed a few decades ago.

I have seen quite a few problems with zinc handguns in the past 45 + years in my work, including many cracked and corroded guns. One .38 RG revolver (my favorite story) literally crumbled into pieces when the barrel was tapped on a carpeted counter top.

DanPop: If you want a really NICE .22, buy a CZ75 and get a .22 Kadet conversion for it. One gun, two calibres.

g.willikers

If the price is the main attraction, think of all the used Ruger pistols out there for way less than that.
For less money and far better quality, why even consider this one?

Skans

Zamac is heavy, not corrosion resistant and not very durable. That having been said, my Jennings J-22 which is made of Zamac, purchased in the late '80's is still working just fine.