Anyone interested in a mortar?

Bogie

A friend and I are considering a production run of some 1.7" bore black powder mortars... They should be fun...

copenhagen

Um, naturally, I love things that go boom, but I think you might want to make sure this is legal as the ATF can seriously hamper your ability to buy what you want in the future...

Bogie

Well, it's going to be black powder, no opening breech, fired via your basic cannon safety fuse.

jrfoxx

Depending on price, I'd be VERY interested.I REALLY want one, but they are VERY pricey, and I just dont have the machine skills or equipment to build one myself (I'd really love to though).Out of curiosity,whats 1.7" ammo-wise, anything in particular (like golfball, "d" battery, etc)? Just wondering why 1.7", and what I'd use for ammo,as I'm not set up to cast my own lead balls (that could be corrected if needed though, as I would like to get the equipment to cast my own bullets for reloading, and balls for my BP guns anyhow).

wolfdog45

I'm in if the price is right.
I made a cannon a long time ago it was able to shoot beer can's filled with sand.

Manedwolf

Research carefully, contact ATF first, then contact someone else in another office, and another, and get them to sign off on it. In writing.

Or you'll likely get a moment of fame on the news.

ronc0011

:D:D:D Have you ever looked into rockets, I mean real rockets. I always wanted to build one with a launch tube. Just always thought it would be a hoot to see it work.