Anyone importing the "AK-12" yet?

Patriot86

Was watching a little program on AK's last night where they mentioned the AK-12. Did a little research and I guess they make a civie version now over in Russia. Its a relatively new gun but does anyone know of any companies importing civie AK-12's yet or with plans to do so in the near future?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12

Technosavant

At most you'll see a sporter version, but because of 922r import rules it will be a while before you see anything more than that.

I don't know how many of the AK-12 parts (even civvie versions) might possibly be interchangeable with current AK family parts. If they aren't, expect a longer wait.

Patriot86

I understand 922r rules will apply but people are currently converting Sagia and other AK rifles back to a more "mil" look as it is.

I am really surprise one of the big AK companies from Russia or elsewhere hasn't followed IWI yet and opened up a factory here in the states.

Dr Big Bird PhD

I am really surprise one of the big AK companies from Russia or elsewhere hasn't followed IWI yet and opened up a factory here in the states.
Makes you wonder if there are Russian laws or policies restricting this.

dakota.potts

I'm not a huge AK guy (yet -- I'm sure I would be if I had the money :D) so can somebody tell me what would be the advantage of the AK-12 over any other AK line?

Venom1956

its just an 'updated' AK 74 it has rails and a new casket mag. probably some other minor changes. but nothing totally different.