Anyone hunting deer with a .300Blk?

USCS

Who is hunting whitetails with a .300BLK?
What load/bullet are you using, and what are the results? I am looking for bullet performance details.

CCCLVII

I have yet to shoot a deer with my 300 black out but I have killed lots of coyotes and small black bear. While not ideal I think it will work just fine. Id day the 300 black out is pretty simular to a 357 magnum carbine as far as large animals are concerned.

Deja vu

I have a suppressed 45-70 and a friend of mine has a suppressed 300 blackout. I was surprised to find that my 45-70 (when both are shooting subsonic) is quieter but I guess that is the difference in a lever action and a autoloader.

Any way we went deer hunting. I got my deer but unfortunately my friend never saw one...

Rottweiler

I've killed 2 bucks in 2 years with my .300 BLK.

Last year an 8 point @100 yards. He ran about 15 yards after taking one high in the lungs. Never lost sight of him. Lungs liquefied.

This year a 7 point #about 70 yards. He dropped where he was shot. Hit him perfectly, top of heart arteries GONE. Lungs pretty much mangled too.

Bullet went completely through in both cases so no recovery. Exit holes almost golf ball sized

Using 125gr Nosler BT's about 17.0 grains H-110 If I remember correctly(I'd have to check my load notes to give you an exact powder weight) Muzzle velocity about 2100. Way over sub sonic. no suppressor...yet