Anyone here have a bayonet on their AR-15?

nbkky71

Sorry...no pig stickers here.

Aside from it's cool looks...do you really have a need for a bayonet?

no flame intended...just a question

Bobarino

nah. just have no use for it. i removed my FSB with the bayonet lug even. i might use one of these Phantom Flash hider that's meant to be used as a hand to hand weapon though.

Img248.gif

Bobby

TX_RGR

Yep, I do. It's not "mounted" all the time. I got it mainly to have a solid outdoor tool for basic digging, stabbing, prying and general screwing around that you always seem to want to do when outdoors. I also wanted one for nostalgia. It seems an original is getting harder to find, so I got one before prices got out of hand. Mine is used milsurp from israel. It needs a bath in solvent. As for pics, I have not taken any, but I am confident you can find pics of attached bayos on the net. They all pretty much look the same.

FirstFreedom

No.

But...

I don't understand how those who would advocate a sword for home defense (as many do) could poo-poo the idea, when a bayo gives you a rifle AND a sword, for when your ammo runs out, or if your gun jams. It doesn't seem like a half bad l'il plan for CQB, and home defense is most certainly a form of CQB.

FirstFreedom, never thought of it that way...Wonder if there is a bayonet made that is made with good materials? Would be great to have a good quality bayonet made from 154cm.

stevelyn

There are plenty of mil-spec surplus M-7 bayonets floating around for about $ 30.00. The current issue bayonet will set ya back a little over $ 100.

Surplus stores and places like Cheaper Than Dirt usually have some M-7's in stock. Current issue stickers can be found at US Cavalry and Brigade Quartermasters.

Gun shows are a good place to look for them too as a lot of folks will show up selling militaria.

PSE

i now quote USMC Sgt. Burns,my Drill instuctor and Bayo instructor @ PI...
" if anyone ever gives you the command to FIX BAYONETES, shoot him, cause that SOB has just gotten you into deep ****"

American4guns

I bought the M7 bayonet and sheath.More of a novelty.Just wanted to have it.Its a military issue from around 1968 brand new in original box.

joshua

Hey when I was in Iraq I used a bayonet. In fact it was an Iraqi bayonet that I used. I used it to open my MRE packs. :D . The bayonet was in good shape and it functions as a memorabilia along with the two once dropped AKs in our ops coordination tent. Gotta love it. josh

LoadIt

Here is one of my AR's with the current issue bayonet.
attachment.php

I think of it as more of a tool than a weapon.

Attachments

• 100_9317_1.JPG
    100_9317_1.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 269

Limeyfellow

It seems the only people nuts enough to use the Bayonet in actual combat nowadays are the Scots. Of course its always nice as a showy item to have. Nothing is quite so intimidating as they are, especially the old style 18 inch blades on the likes of the No1 Enfield and Mosin Nagnant 91/30. It a sort of complete the set appeal.

USMC Tanker

I used my bayonet in Iraq: to search hay bales, bags of rice or flour, thick piles of shrubs, it has it's uses. I don't ever think I'd use it in a combat situation unless I was completely out of ammo or my weapon malfunctioned (last resort). Even then, I'd probably prefer to butt-strike someone or swing my weapon like a bat (again, last resort). The bayonet does still have a place though. We used them to intimidate sometimes too...there's somewhat of a "we're not f**king around" impression when a platoon of Marines walks through a village with bayonets fixed! The current Marine Corps issue bayonet is the M10 manufactured by the Ontario Knife Company. I liked it so much I bought my own (about $95).

Last edited:

Death from Afar

I have a Bayonet for my L1A1 SLR. Why? Dont know! Although, in the battle of Goose Green the Brit paras had to use them as they were running so low on 7.62. Not sure about getting involved in a bayonet fight with a M16- but too delicate for that arnt they? ;)

USMC Tanker

In a prolonged (hours), continuous bayonet fight, I doubt the M-16 would be operable without some work. In a slash, parry, thrust type fight, the M16 would be fine, but swinging it like a bat, or bashing people with it, I don't think it would hold up in the long run.