Anyone here carry a Kimber Ultra-Carry???

Warm Bore

Should we ever get CCW here in Ohio I would like a small light-weight .45 for the summer months. I've been kicking around between the Glock 30 and the new Taurus PT145. After a recent visit to a local shop a buddy of mine picked up a used Charles Daly Field CS and it is a sweet little gun. I'm fairly loyal to Kimber when it comes to 1911's so I'm now considering the Ultra-Carry (probably stainless) as a possibility. What do you all think about this little pistol? What should I be aware of?
Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Warm Bore

Jorah Lavin

WB, I carry the black version every day.

I've had my CCW here in NC since March or so, and have found the pistol pretty easy to carry with a spare mag or three, depending on how I'm dressed... in jeans I have the whole Bat Belt effect... spare mags, Gerber folder, Leatherman, cell phone, Spyderco knife on pocket. At least the wind won't blow me away! God help me if I ever have to swim anywhere, dressed like that.

In business casual, in the summer, the pistol goes either in the console of the car (I have a 2.5 hour commute each day, so I'm in the car a lot) or tucked under my shirt if I have to go into the stop-and-rob. The spare ammo then rides in my briefcase (lunch bag). In cooler weather, then I've got a spare mag on the left side. All Wild Bill's Summer Heat, I think he calls it. I'm trying to get a Ruger SP101 for winter coat pocket carry, since I've found that the heavy coat can be a bit of an obstruction for quick presentation.

I love my Ultra...

-Jorah

Alex Johnson

Two years ago I traded my S&W model 36 and some five hundred bucks for a Kimber Ultra Carry. At the time I thought it would be a better carry gun than the S&W. Unfortunately I found with the clothes I wear it was very difficult to carry the Kimber around with me as much as I had done with the S&W. Just a few weeks ago I bought a S&W model 60 to replace the long departed model 36. I still have the Kimber, and doubt that I'll ever get rid of it, but I prefer the revolvers.

taco

I been carrying my Kimber SS Ultra Carry everyday for past 2 years. Small, reliable and accurate... Great little pistol.

Las Vegan Cajun

I have the Kimber Ultra CDP, great gun IMHO. I just bought a Ruger SP-101 this week, could be a tough decision on which one I want to carry.:D

Ben Shepherd

Hey Cajun carry both!! Primary & backup. If your semi does an FTF, bag clearing the jam, grab the revolver and do what you got to do. Kimber in an IWB, Sp101 in an ankle rig.