Anyone have the new Kahr PM-9 yet?

kahrma

This is not me! Someone is trying to make you think it is. I must be a big star to have stalkers like this putz! Haha!

New_comer

Nope. Probably not. ;)

K.f.S.,

I occassionally read your posts there at shooters.com But you sure have some very volatile company there. Too strong for me.

Anyways, welcome to TFL. You'll like it here. :D

Thanks for the welcome New-comer. You are correct I'm not copying anyone and don't want any trouble so no name calling please.

Soooooo, what are the PM-9's going for in stores? Who has put some rounds through one? Thanks!

SouthpawShootr

I've scoured gunshows and shops in Hampton Roads and Richmond and have not come across one yet. I have a dealer who usually gets new designs pretty quickly and he hasn't been able to get any.

wun_8_seven

i bought a pm9 a week ago (10/6) haven't shot it yet . i have a few other kahrs & this one is as nice as any fit & finish. but i have large hands & the thin grip combined with its shortness doesn't fit me very well. gun was priced $529+ tax. i traded a p9 and $50 for it. 187

Thanks for the replies and the price.

wun_8_seven, doe's the PM-9 frame look stronger inside? I had a P-9 covert that had warped rails and chatters and really hated to let it go.:mad:

Gunner's mate

PM9

I'm also from your area of the Great Unarmed State of Ohio. Haven't seen a polymer 9 yet so I bought a P-11. I'm so happy with it that I may just skip the Kahr until they get their customer service and polymer frames worked out. Let me know if you locate one and how you like it. I have an MK9 which I am also happy with. Weight is the only problem. Good luck

nthe10ring

got one

Ive had a PM9 for a month or so, serial # under a 100, have about 400 rounds through it and it has never missed a beat, my only complaint with it , is that the polymer frame and the slide diverge from parallell from the take down pin to the front of the gun, none of my other polymer guns are like this, and it just doesnt look right, Ive seen a couple and they all look like this, I had talked to the rep at the factory and he admitted that they were having some problems with their grip pressings. The front rails are not set in to the grip properly, and this leaves that large gap between the slide and dustcover portion of the frame, it gets wider and wider as is prgresses forward toward the muzzle . This is cosmetic only and doesnt affect the performance of the gun.
Jerry

cor-man

I'll be happy to post digital pics of my PM9 if someone gives me instruction how to post images here in a thread,
or I can just load up some pics at my webspace and post the links, I'll get to work on that in a sec...

I bought a P9 covert last year thinking it would be for me the "slimline glock26", but it just didn't work out well for me;
that long of a slide on that small and light of a grip just didn't sit well in my hand, front-heavy. Plus the long slide was as much discomfort to my weenis in my smartcarry as my Glock26 was.

I knew kahr would probably make an MK9 polymer eventually; when they announced it on the web I traded in my P9covert toward the new PM9 then waited months for it to come in.
September it arrived, I'm still new to this pistol, here's my experience so far:

- fit/finish, etc. is all perfectly fine.

- size, weight, holding it in hand, shooting it, all excellent.

The PM9 IMO makes the P9covert entirely obsolete; if I were kahr I never would have even developed the P9covert, but I don't like hardly any pistol with a short grip but still a long slide, I want grips and slides to be a good match.

- I have added A-Grip to both my PM9 and Keltec P32, this product is perfect for these 2 guns IMO; I don't want agrip on my glocks.

- double-action type trigger pull on the kahr is excellent to me for these reasons: it's short enough that I can do follow up shots quick, but long enough that I feel safe carrying one in the chamber. I may love the trigger on Glocks but they are so light and short to me I do not carry a glock with one in the pipe, unless I happen into a dangerous looking part of town then I'll chamber a round and slip the glock back in its holster.

On most double-action triggers the pull is SO long it makes my ability to hit on-target very poor. The longish pull on the Keltec P32 is the longest DA I could possibly stand to use for self-defense. Revolvers? forget it IMO. IMO most double-action semiautos are as bad as revolvers. JMO. The kahr's trigger is IMO the best compromise of safety to carry one in the pipe vs. ability to fire fast & ontarget when necessary.

- takedown on kahrs is only 1 step more than a glock, super easy. about identical to takedown on the keltec P32.

- rear-site is not keen to me, I'll replace with a 2-dot. Accuracy seems fine, I'm not competing in the olympics, I just need to hit a torso from a few feet away. I do wish I could get a lasermax internal for it, I love those.

- feeding: here's the only problem I've had so far. 1st 50-70 rounds I had a lot of stoppage with any brand of hollowpoint; front of the hollowpoint stuck against the feed ramp; worst part was they took multiple steps to clear, I could not clear it by pulling the slide back and letting it snap forward; nope I had to lock the slide back, remove the mag, etc. etc. That = DEATH IMO.

FMJ's however worked completely fine. At that point I resigned myself to either carry the PM9 with FMJ's or the Keltec with winchester silvertip hollows; I've opted for the PM9 & FMJs for now.

My 2nd trip to the farm I shot almost up to the 200rd break-in level (probably 190rds thru it in total at this point). This time I only had a few hollows to try but about 15 rounds of hollowpoints and I didn't have one stoppage at all this time. I did concentrate harder on keeping a firm grip after reading posts here (thanks folks!), so it's possibly I was weak-wristing it in my first session (God that sucks to admit...:) ).

I'm hitting the farm this coming weekend and plan to run as many rounds through the thing as I have in my possession :), and specifically want to test more hollows. I'll post at that time. For now I carry it with FMJ's.

Important note: cor-bon has a new bullet called "PowRball" which has a polymer ball inserted in the hollowpoint, so those should feed as well as an FMJ but then expand like a hollowpoint.
Those are available in .45, 40, 400corbon, but not yet in 9, but I emailed corbon and they said late this year 9 should be available, it definitely is in the plans.

Chances are, to be 100% confident in my carry gun I will be using those PowRballs in my PM9. ...unless my range tests show me that other hollowpoints will ALWAYS feed.

Cor-man, I've had both the G-26 and Covert. The size of the covert didn't bother me at all like it did you but the frame wasn't holding up. The G-26 is a great gun but just to fat and has grip feel and angle I just don't like. Run some more HP's in the PM, it's probably ok now. BTW, the "power ball" is a great round for little 45's!

To take pic's, join an Image gallery like www.imagestation.com then just cut and paste from the "properties" and use the "IMG" tag on your post.;)

cor-man

thanks for the image info, I'll give that a try.

thanks also for the note on .45 powrball's, I just recently acquired 3 very cool small .45s I will be trying out this weekend (kimber ultra 10, ultra carry, taurus pt145); I'll have to try and get some powrball's soon.