anyone have the clipdraw?

Jay24bal

It is interesting...

I have four reservations about this system:

1. I am skeptical that the tape would be strong enough, long term. Sure their display is impressive hanging weights off of it, but all adhesives lose their bond strength over time, especially with repeated use when you take it on and off every day.

2. I would also be skeptical that the adhesive would leave marks on my gun. I realize it is a carry gun and it will have wear marks on it, but those are honest wear marks, not marks from a chemical agent being stuck to my gun for a year.

3. The weight distribution may feel weird with it only being supported by what appears to be a 1/8-1/4" wide clip.

4. The trigger is not covered when the gun is tucked in your pants.

I would be open to hearing how it works after an extended period of time in terms of #s 1-3, but #4 is disconcerting.

49willys

#4 is a very valid point.It would really suck to run a hot piece of lead down my leg and into my knee.I haven`t carried concealed yet,going to take the course this spring,so these little pointers are like gold.thanks.

chris in va

I've had mine on a Kahr K9 for five years.

Everything is still in place, no peeling or lifting. It works great for 'deep concealment' when my OWB holster isn't enough.

Couple things. Being a very minimal design, you'll want to check the gun is still in place. There's really nothing to lock the gun to your waistband. Secondly you have to be very mindful when inserting. Make sure nothing is snagging on the trigger. After that, it's fine.

However as you are just beginning your CC journey I suggest you just get a holster and dress around it until you learn proper CC gun safety.

BTW I found the little 1/2" revolver clip to be damn near useless. The longer 'universal' clip for semi autos works much better.

Dragline45

While I have never used the clip draw, I did use a J frame with a Barami hip grip for a couple years which is the same idea. I liked it alot, but I hated the cheap plastic Barami grip so I worked a solution around it. I was thinking of how I could carry in the same manner but be able to use the grips that I want. So I ended up cutting the back pocket out of an old pair of jeans and sewing a hidden pocket inside my pants where I would normally carry IWB. Have been carrying this method for over 3 years now and haven't looked back. Used it for everything from J frames, to a Ruger SR9C, and my Bodyguard 380.

OkieCruffler

I used one on a Taurus P145 for a couple of years. Never had an issue with it and when I traded it off I removed the tape with fingernail polish remover pads from the hospital. Left no marks.

Jay24bal

It is good to hear that it does hold up and does not mar the finish.

The fact that the trigger is not covered would be why I would never try it.

power5

I don't need any more skid marks on my undies though. I dont see how this would not leave marks on any shirt tucked in, or an oil residue on your skin.

k511

Ive had a clip draw on one of my G26's for 3 years or so now....the clipdraw i have does not have any tape...it was sent with a replacement rear slide cover that is tapped with 2 holes that the clip draw screws into....
as far as the trigger not being covered, multiple companies have come out with a kydex "trigger shoe" that slips over the trigger guard and teathers to a belt, when the pistol is drawn the teather pulls the "shoe" off...i believe raven concealment make one...i made my own with a scrap of kydex, heat gun, and 20min of my time...

madmo44mag

I had one on a S&W 9mm 908 and liked it.
I went to a IWB style holster because during the Texas summers I sweated to much on the gun and rust got to be an issue.
Also when seated the sights kinda dug into my side.

salvadore

Yes they look cheap so do the current grips on new S&Ws. I like Baramis on revolvers. FWIW even with a dehorned hammer the adjustable sight can still catch on clothing IMO a dehorned or hammerless fixed sight J frame with Baramis is the best CCW revolver.