Anyone have IWB recommendations for XD9 ???

elco93

I recently bought the 3" subcompact XD9 for ccw purposes but I am new at carrying. Even though I have had my carry license for awhile, and have tucked the XD under my shirt a few times for those "bad section of town" trips, its about time I got a good holster.

Can anyone recommend a comfortable, quality IWB for the XD ?

BTW, great info on this site...many thanks in advance.

chris in va

You actually may find that a good leather OWB conceals just as well, and is a whole lot more comfortable to carry.

Also note that the USP Compact holsters fit the XD very well for the most part.

stevelyn

Don't know if it's being made for the XD yet, but I've found that the DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB is one of the most comfortable holsters I've ever worn. I carry a G-22.
As for the OWB holsters being more comfortable, that's true to a certain degree if you have a proper belt for it. I also have a Galco Combat Master for my Glock that I used to wear exclusively. However, I found myself figeting with it all the time in public because I was concerned about exposing it in a store or restaurant. That's why I bought the IWB....no exposure worries there.
I now only wear the OWB when I'm not at all concerned about keeping concealed.
I have found the IWB does conceal better than the OWB. It sucks the butt in closer to the body and is easier to take off and put back on. Undoing two snaps and sliding the keeper straps under the belt and out of the waist band is much simpler than undoing a belt and having to thread it back on.

Wynterbourne

Check out http://www.xd-gear.com.

They have a number of XD holsters, in stock, ready for immediate delivery. They stock my personal favorite, Tucker Gunleather's 'The Answer' holster.

It's a hybrid leather/kydex tuckable IWB holster, which just about molds to your flesh. It's a tad pricey, but it's worth it.

Makarov9x

I agree With Chris in Va, I own an XD40 SC and have found that OWB carry is much more comfy. I have bought several holsters trying to get that perfect fit ( I guess this is what women go through trying to find a perfect bra...lol). Anyway the two best I have found are the Hume JIT and the Hume Open Top. Both carry and fit well.

Hume "Open Top"

Hume "JIT"

Mak

Russ93YJ

i just got the uncle mikes sidekick iwb holster for my xd-9 service, from cheaper than dirt shipped to me for around $20, it works well and i like it.

XD Niner

I have a COM 3 by Eric of H. B. E. Specialty Leathers. It is an "A" custom made holster and cost under $80. Give him a call, you will be very happy you did.

jonathon

Sidearmor makes an AWESOME IWB holster, though it appears they don't offer it for the XD9 sub :( I love my SideArmor IWB for my G17.

Inside the waiste band

Outside the waiste band