Anyone have BOTH a Henry lever .22 and a Browning BL-22?

nfafan

Looking for a comparative between the two, already own a Henry, have a chance at a used "Gr 2" BL-22.

Thanks!

briandg

the bl22 is, IMO, head and shoulders above a henry.

what is YOUR opinion of the bl22 you are looking at?

natman

The Henry is not a bad rifle for the money, but there's no comparison with the quality of the Browning.

webbee

BL-22 is a great shooter. In levers the only thing that comes close is Marlin's 39A. If the price is right... you won't regret it.

I regretted buying mine. Expensive and did not shoot near as well as the Henry. The Browning failed to deliver the expected accuracy so I sold it off to a rabbit hunter and took a loss. I really did like the rifle. I'm sorry it was not as good as I thought it would be. Fit and finish was fine. Action was fine. A great rabbit gun. But it would not make holes on paper where I wanted them like the Henry does.

FrankenMauser

I don't own either, but shoot both on a regular basis (two brothers - each with different .22 LR lever guns ;)).

To continue with the analogies to cars:
The Henry is a Kia. --It's affordable, works, and gets the job done... but it won't last forever, and has some quirks.
The Browning is a Mercedes. --It's more expensive, more refined, more attractive, performs amazingly, doesn't have quirks, and will last forever.

The only thing some people don't like about the fantastic Browning, is the short-throw lever. It comes across as 'stiff' and 'awkward' for some people. ...But I love it. It's a fantastic model, and the short-throw lever makes operation very quick.

Crankylove

The Henry is a Kia. --It's affordable, works, and gets the job done... but it won't last forever, and has some quirks.
The Browning is a Mercedes. --It's more expensive, more refined, more attractive, performs amazingly, doesn't have quirks, and will last forever.

I would agree with that. Cornbush has the Browning BL-22, and I have the Henry (our father also has a Marlin 39A). So we can shoot hem side by side, and compare all three.

The Henry is a good rifle, and I love mine........but if I would have had the $200 extra that the Browning would have cost, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Hands down the better rifle. Better sights, better fit and finish, more accurate, and like Frankenmauser, I like the sort throw lever, and the fact that the trigger travels with the lever.

I don't regret buying my Henry........but every time we go shoot with Cornbush, I try and take his BL-22 home with me. ;)

Bamashooter

I think the browning is a great rifle. I also think henry makes a quality .22 lever rifle. I like the accuracy I get from my Henry which is very good. Im sure the accuracy is there for the browning, its a browning. If you want the rifle and it looks good I would get it.