Anyone have a Smith 43C?

HighValleyRanch

Just happened to see this one that I've never heard of. An 8 shot J Frame .22 that is the same size and shape as the 340 models.
But does that barrel hole diameter look like a .22? It looks more like a .38 with a recessed sleeve inside.
I watched a video on it as well, and the muzzle looked more like a .38 size opening?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Smith 43C.jpg
    Smith 43C.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 193

Onward Allusion

Yup. Great little guns.

At first glance, I thought it was to make it look like it was a larger caliber to the bad-guy. :D

More likely, because it's the same frame, it's for cost savings. One thing I did notice, the full shroud on the gun makes it look a lot beefier than a 22LR.

Last edited:

HighValleyRanch

At first glance, I thought it was to make it look like it was a larger caliber to the bad-guy.

LOL, that's the impression I got, but a smart bandit would look at the holes in the cylinder too! But then maybe with that thing pointed at hime, he might forget to do that!

More likely, because it's the same frame, it's for cost savings.
I agree, but then why not sleeve all the way to the muzzle for better velocity? Would like to see how much it's recessed in.

lee n. field

Just happened to see this one that I've never heard of. An 8 shot J Frame .22 that is the same size and shape as the 340 models.

How's the trigger pull on that? (Given that .22 rimfire needs a stronger impact to ignite reliably, and snubbies in general need a stronger spring, having less space to work with. Or am I wrong on that?)

JERRYS.

I was going to bite the bullet and get one of these for my daughter a few years back, but luckily found a LCR .22lr instead.

105kw

Trigger pull on my 43C is heavier than my 38 special, but it is useable.
The 22 mag version is too heavy , in my opinion, to be used.
They are designed for close range use, the 43 is fun to play with. A good carry/ practice gun