Anyone have a CZ40b 9mm Barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom1956

I am looking for a CZ40b 9mm barrel. I know barsto made a run awhile ago and was curious if anyone knew of any for sale new or used.

Walt Sherrill

I don't think you'll find a 9mm 40B barrel.

Bar-Sto offered them as conversions about 12-13(?) years ago, but dropped them because of a lack of consumer interest. I was a moderator on the CZ-Forum back then, and I don't think I ever heard of more than one or two people getting them, and I'm not sure whether those were 40B or 75B barrels.

EFK Firedragon offered 75B conversion barrels at one time, and also dropped CZ barrels, probably for the same reason.

CZs weren't as popular then as they are now; things have really changed over the past 4-5 years! Bar-Sto and EFK Firedragon could probably sell some .357 SIG barrel, now. But once burned, twice shy?

CZ still has 40P barrels on their website (in the Webstore), and that might work if you ever need a 40B barrel -- as the 40P uses the P-01 frame (adjusted) and the 40B slide. (The standard .40 CZ barrel uses a different lockup design so that's not a possibility...) You'd need to talk to CZ-USA to be sure if that would work. (I know that's NOT what you're looking for.)

Last edited:

Venom1956

Yeah I was hoping someone might know of some new old stock or know someone who would consider selling it.

Walt have you ever seen someone try fitting a 75 upper to a cz40b frame? Thought that might be cool.

Regardless I'm glad to finally have a 40b just to have it. 13 years ago I was a bit too young to be ordering pistol barrels darn it!

Walt Sherrill

Walt have you ever seen someone try fitting a 75 upper to a cz40b frame? Thought that might be cool.

If I remember correctly, the 75B upper will fit on the 40B frame (but, it's been years since I had a 40B -- it might be vice versa), but the two assemblies don't interact as they should. But...

The 40P (which had a MODIFIED P-01 frame and a 40B slide) worked, but it was apparently easier to modify frame components than slide assembly. Slides from all of the 75B-based guns seem to interchange on other 75B frames. "Fitting", in this case, might mean permanent changes to the slide or frame assembly.

• The 75B 9mm and .40 barrel designs are different than the 40B barrel, so that's not an option.
  • The P07, like the 40B, uses a SIG-like lockup system, but the P-07 has a Sig-like open lug under the barrel while the 40B has a closed lug. I don't know whether the P-07 barrel would work in the 40B.
  • The Sphinx SDP 9mm and 40B barrels look to be very similar in general design (when comparing parts diagrams), but you'd probably have to modify the SDP barrel and the Sphinx barrel is likely to be costly. If you lived nearby, I'd let you see if the SDP barrel would work in the 40B. You could try my P-07 barrel, too.
  • When I had both .40 and 9mm CZs, the .40 mags would not retain a 9mm round. I don't know if that has changed over the years.
It's a shame there are no 9mm conversion barrels out there for the 40B, as you could use the CZ 9mm full-size mags.

I have a 9>40 conversion barrel for my FNS-40 and it runs well. (I also have an FNS-40L -- with the longer barrel -- and it stays .40.)

The FNS .40 mags work with the 9mm conversion barrel as long as you don't try hollow points -- which I did for testing only. I've since picked up a 9mm mag for the FNS, but haven't tried hollow points with it, yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.