Anyone have a .22 with a scope?

DarthTedd

Looking for pictures of either a Browning Buckmark or a Ruger 22/45. Do either of these and their various models come with a rail so a scope can be added?

DarthTedd

Actually thing I found what I'm looking for ...

051403m.jpg

If anyone has any however feel free to post up some photos and thoughts on what type of scope you are using.

The Buckmark Contour isn't too bad either.

pix2452130625.jpg

mikejonestkd

I have an after market weigand combat handgun weaver mount for one of my buckmarks and it is very nice. I use a red dot on it and it is great for plinking.

The factory ones are even better, they are longer than the one I have, and my red dot sight covers one of the takedown screws on the pistol, which makes it hard to totally dissasemble to clean.

DarthTedd

Interesting ... I'm going to run to the shop today and see what I can find out. I have a Buckmark now but would like a second .22 with a scope.

I just don't want to pay $600, ya know. :p

rantingredneck

I don't have any pics available at the moment but can post some later. The Ruger 22/45 and all MK III pistols with adjustable sights come from the factory with a weaver rail supplied. All you have to do is bolt it down and your in business. Anything that can be mounted on a weaver rail can be mounted on a 22/45 or regular MK III.

Mine currently wears a BSA laser in it's Mall Ninja configuration. LOL

It normally wears a BSA Red Dot.

From Ruger's Website:

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdSpecsView?model=10107

Look under miscellaneous and you'll see that the rail is included. Doesn't have pics though.

Hotbarrel

Sorry, no pics, but my Beretta Neos wears a BSA green-dot scope. It's no more accurate than the clumsy blade sight it came with, but it looks like Marvin the Martian's Q-45 Space Modulator, and I got the scope on sale from Cabela's for only $20.00.

CajunBass

OK, it's not a "scope," it's a BSA red dot. The scope mount came with the gun and the gun was already drilled and tapped.

Ruger Mk III, 22/45. It shoots good.

Cajunshoots041.jpg

samsmix

I used to have a S&W 22A with a 7" barrel. It was fine with the irons, but since it had an integral base I couldn't leave well enough alone. I mounted a 4x Leupold M8 in a set of Weaver rings. The results were phenominal. from a rest I could dump a ten round magazine of 36gr Fed HP cheapos into a buisiess card...at 100 yards! A lot of gophers and quite a few cotton-tail fell to this pairing. Bagged a 75 yard coyote, too. Also put down a standing-but-gutshot white-tail at about 50 yards with a behind the ear shot (I was guiding a friend: I had no rifle).

Alas, this story has a sad ending. Acurate though the gun was, it was a piece of crap in the durrability department. I had it repaired by S&W 3 times in the 3 years I had it. Most of the problems on this early 22a were corrected on later guns, but the charm was gone. I bought a 5" model years later, but it was not near as accurate.

Still got the Leopould though...

jakeswensonmt

cleaning buckmark with scope

You'd have to take off the scope and then the scope mount mount to clean the buckmark, which would probably require you to re-sight it in. Don't know how much of a concern that would be with a red dot.

My buckmark requires pretty regular cleaning, begins to fail-to-feed if I run more than about 150-200 rounds through it without a cleaning (crud on the spring/rod I suspect).

scbair

I'm considering installing a Weigand mount onto my Ruger Mk II (older model, not drilled & tapped). The Weigand model I'm looking at uses a "base" that dovetails into the rear sight notch, then the actual mount bolts onto this base.

Anyone have any experience with this item?

tostada

I like the steep grip of the regular Ruger MkIII. The MkIII's come with a scope rail that you can attach (all of them except the plain standard model, that is). I still would order the So-Low mounts, though, because they look so much better. I like the stainless 5.5" bull MkIII.

If you don't, I think the best-looking (and best overall) gun would be the MkII 22/45, like this guy has:

22-45_dot_s.jpg

The MkII 22/45 has a wider and less blocky grip. The MkIII 22/45 is really thin and sharp on the corners. A lot of people seem to like it just fine, though.