anyone has Colt Woodsman .22 or the Norinco copy?

IM_Lugger

I have a Norinco Woodsman copy (M93) on the way and was wondering if anyone here has one or the real Colt? I heard they are difficult to disassemble? how reliable a they? any tips?

I have a Colt Woodsman, Match Target I bought on my 21st birthday. Very fine weapon. You will not regret yours. Years ago I remove the slide for cleaning. Sort of tricky puting it back together. Get a copy of the manual.

Majic

I have a Target and a Match Target. Great pistols. Pay attention to the manual and stripping isn't too hard. How the Chinese knock-offs perform I couldn't tell you.

dogtown tom

I bought a Huntsman model back in the mid '70's. Bought two Match Targets last year.

Takedown is pretty simple and gets easier each time. When reassembling the usual mistake is alowing the recoil spring to pop out of place. Follow the directions and you'll have no problems.

Go to www.colt22.com

Cick on "Woodsman Guide" at the top left. Everything you need to know.

IM_Lugger

Thanks for the link!

I've handled the real Woodsman at a local gun shop and though it was a nice little gun, but it was a bit expensive and used of course, so I got the new Norinco copy... I should have it by Wednesday. :)

btw what kind of accuracy are you guys getting with them?
also does anyone know where I can get wood grips for for the gun?

Last edited:

Redneckrepairs

i have an original 3rd issue woodsman , i strip and clean it at about every 10 k rounds if it needs it or not . they are a pain to detail and re assemble . when the slide slows down i clean it .. but then it is rough condition , were it in better shape i would have to more often lol .

plom

I have the Norinco version, it is by far the most reliable 22 I've ever had with my Ruger MKII. It is very accurate too. I bough it because it's a very light and compact pistol, very cool backpacking.
My norinco version have other 10000 shots trough it since my son use it everytime we go to the range.
Don't regret you took the chinese version, they're made of very good forged steel. tough, if you can find original colt's springs, they're made of better quality. Wolff make some springs for this pistol too.
http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/ColtNF.html#Woodsman